Compiling on Linux

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Spark2

Compiling on Linux

Post by Spark2 »

Hello,

I _assume_, that it's somehow possible to compile the code on Linux, even though I couldn't find anything mentioned officially yet. The reasons I assume this are a) that ETPro uses .so files instead of QVM files (which don't exist anymore AFAIK), of course it could be that those are compiled on a Windows machine, but that seems unlikely to me and b) that the sourcetree contains some build script files (using "cons" instead of make, which I don't really understand yet).

So considering that anyone must have compiled the ETPro .so files for Linux, I'd be really glad if this guy could give me some hints where to look (or whether it's possible in the first place).

Another thing is, that the source is distributed as a self-extracting exe, which kinda sucks... When I unzipped the source, it gave a huge list of uppercase files, without any subfolders. I converted the files to lowercase and recreated the folders as I assume they should be (according to the build scripts), but for some files I had to guess. It would be great if someone could post a complete directory listing, so I could make sure that my files are all at the right places. Of course having a real zip would be even better...

I have not tried much more yet, because I'd like to know whether I even have a chance to succeed before I spend much more time on it. I really really hope that it will be possible though, because I somewhat miss modding since I moved away from Q3. :)

Thanks in advance for any help.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Wee, thanks!!