etpro feature suggestion: limit class

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kamel

etpro feature suggestion: limit class

Post by Kamel »

was just suggesting... similar to how you can limit the amount of heavy weapons, could you somehow come up with a way to limit classes?

it really upsets me when i'm playing on my server and 5 people decide they want to be fieldops etc.

just curious... sorry if this is a re-post, i'd checked for it but i couldn't find it anywhere.
"Common sense isn't very common."
antman

Re: etpro feature suggestion: limit class

Post by antman »

Kamel wrote:similar to how you can limit the amount of heavy weapons, could you somehow come up with a way to limit classes?
IMO this would be a good feature. I've been also looking for this for a while and it would be nice to have it in either the new ET Pro or bayonET.
Prometheus swept down from the heavens bringing the gift of fire.
Wrong move.

antman's etpro stuff
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

For the sake of completeness I think team_maxCovert, team_maxMedic etc., to go with existing Class restrictions would be nice (with limiting Coverts being the one I'd use first!).

I'd hate to see any Classes limited in Clan Wars though as that smacks of dictating tactics, and would make the game very stale, very quickly IMO. I know Panzers for instance already are limited in Clan Wars, and it's possibly appropriate that Classes with mass damage weapons are limited, but I'd hate to see Meds and Engys limited in the same way.

So maybe a feature for BayonET rather than ETPro?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

i do agree that the limiting class feature shouldn't be used in clan wars... but being such a "basic" feature instead of most of the "dressed up" features you would expect in bayonet, i feel it would be more appropriate for etpro. not all features for etpro have to be designed exclusively for clan matches (refs cancelling a vote isn't necessarily designed for competition play... though i guess that one is arguable).

alas, i'd like to see it, wether in etpro bayonet or whatever.
iD

Post by iD »

what happens if you play on public, allies, fueldump, coverts are limited and the existing ones (noobs) camp somewhere.
the allied team wont be able to get anything done.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

it would be no worse than the panzer weapon restrictions... i don't think it will be that bad, but even if it is, who cares. the point is not to prevent good people from using the class, it's to prevent the entire team from being that class.
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Good call Kamel, I've seen teams with 4 or more Covops, when a single competent player can do all that the class needs. Be nice to limit the class selection from the cfg instead of having to resort to unsightly TKs and mocking the n00bs. :D