ET on Mac

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bacon

Post by bacon »

Nail wrote:$35K, hmm, either you don't value your work as highly as some of us, or it wouldn't take more than a couple months. With John Carmack saying he'd like to release the Q3 code soon, would that help?
Why do people think the q3 engine release will do anything for ET? Aside from more hacks...
The only engine release that would have a drastic effect on ET is the ET engine itself, and I don't see that happening :D

If one more person mentions x86 software running on ppc....
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

geneticlone wrote: lol thanks napoleon :) its ok i give up anyway im SURE THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT but im just not advanced enough to do it and im 35k shy lol. Anyway I guess ill have to build up a pc or just wait till aspyr gets some brains and converts it. By the way there stupid project for Doom 3 is completly worthless, everyperson that i talked to so far that bought that game said it was a waste of their money, and they regret they ever bought the game. Im sure some people like it but i know most mac users will be like the pc users i talked to. So aspyr do me a favour and convert a good game like ET of mohpa lol.
come on let me borrow your bike
no
come on i'll give you some chips
no
v5l

Post by v5l »

x11 stands for xwindowmanager, and does what it says: draw your windows. What you need is an usermode-emulation (like in qemu) to convert x86 to ppc instructions in OS X. That *might* be fast enough, but there are a lot of other dependencies.

But qemu is not there yet - you'll know it when it is: the same day darwine will open the Gates to M$-Hell and Windoze Programs will run on OS X.

Happy waiting :)

v5l
v5l

Source Code

Post by v5l »

just found this,

ET Source

anyone with some spare time?
http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041 ... dlfile=188

G V
Deus

Post by Deus »

o_O?

this is NOT the Engine Sourcecode which is needed to build a mac-port of the game.

but thx anyways
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Why is this thread even still open? It seems to serve no purpose, save for the whining & pointless attempts to run a game on hardware that can't possibly handle it. :roll:
bacon

Post by bacon »

-7- Slappy wrote:Why is this thread even still open? It seems to serve no purpose, save for the whining & pointless attempts to run a game on hardware that can't possibly handle it. :roll:
Ummmmmm....MAC hardware is very capable of running ET. I'd love to see some rational thought behind your statement. PC fanboy-ism doesn't count...
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Welllll, I'm sitting here with a G4 Quicksilver running on a KVM switch to...the PeeCee. Ya know why all of the games I play now are on the Windoze box instead of that Mac? Because the amount of cash I would've had to lay into a new processor, new vid card, etc. on the Mac was ridiculous for the amount of titles available & playing time I would have gotten back in return for that investment.

Yes, I know that G5 setups and even some of the previous models with the right amount of upgrades can equal and in some cases blow away a PeeCee. On certain titles. ET isn't one of them. It isnt now. It most likely never will be.

That's the point I was making, not a general "omg, MACS are for luzers!" flame. But hey, fight the good fight. I did it for a long time, and now I have the best of both worlds. My Mac for image editing & general happiness, and this motherless whore of a PeeCee box for my gaming. It's all good to me.

:D
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

-7- Slappy wrote:My Mac for image editing & general happiness, and this motherless whore of a PeeCee box for my gaming. It's all good to me.

way to go..if u can afford it.. :D
Japman

Post by Japman »

Well all you MAC people, you can finally play... ET patch 2.60

www.splashdamage.com

i like mucho
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: HYPNOTIC!!!
Nail

Post by Nail »

yep, they say there is a MAC version, but there's NO download
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

last minute bug was discovered in the mac installer. its being fixed.
Nail

Post by Nail »

:jump:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
mortis

Post by mortis »

This is too good to be real.

/pinch self

No, I still can't believe it.
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

Holee.

Facking.

Crap.

:shock:

Now, where did I put that bigass plate of crow? :oops:

(And yes, I'll be installing it on the G4 at home and work also.) 8)