CO checkpoints...

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Should the CO checkpoints be spawn points?

Yes
67%
No.
25%
I DON'T CARE SO LEAVE ME ALONE!
8%

Total votes: 12

Ariem

CO checkpoints...

Post by Ariem »

Maybe the checkpoints should be temp spawn points (Max of 1 point at a time per CO.) So that in some places like the beach level it is a little more balanced later in the game. :arrow: Just a thought. Hope maybe you'll like it.

SIDE NOTE: Oh, and how do you use them anyway, the CO checkpoints?
Not that they do alot of good from what I have heard, but I still want to know.

Thanks from reading,
Ariem.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

yea that sounds good, but maybe a lil unfair, how about if the opposing team runs over the checkpoint it dissappears?
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Ariem

Well...

Post by Ariem »

If the enemy team member(s) were to maybe shoot it or stab it or so on it should yes disappear. So that it is a little more balanced.

Thanks for reading
Ariem
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

I seem to remember Bani saying he was gonna add a feature to scouts like this. As in, scouts would be able to set up deployment areas. I dunno if that ever got worked into the mod or not, I'm just saying I remember him saying something to that extent a while ago.
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Here's a question how do you decide which spawnpoint to use? If you've got 4 or 5 co's on the map and they set up 10 each how do you decide which one takes precidence. Or is it random?

Can you see the mess if for example, they set up allied spawn points in the war room on beach?
evinfuilt

Post by evinfuilt »

I figure the easy way is for scouts or co's to able to turn flag points into spawn points, would only be usefull in Gold Rush games, but thats where it's most important.

I could picture an Allies scout going in Depot to the AA gun flag and reacking havoc on the Axis. Of course it should actually raise a flag and make an annoucement. Then possibly only spy's can destory spawn points, I don't know that could be silly. But I don't think I like the idea of them machine gunning down a spawn point, but to me a sniper might be okay. Maybe its making a spawn point take a certain amount of damage (say 200.) That way a spy with the dagger is super efficent, as well as a sniper of panzerfaust.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

ok, this is stupid. think about axis placing spawn points in the ducts in beach. or axis placing a spawn point in the woods behind the com tower at assualt. it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to win
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
Ariem

Maybe they can be timed...

Post by Ariem »

Maybe if they where only there for one spawn or a pre-set time limit and I think that TNT would work really good and destroyable TNT would have a new use... Just an idea though. Like I said, I thought if done right that it would work great (Oh one more idea, only the CO that placed it would spawn there maybe?) but that is just me.

Thanks for reading.
Ariem