Y.A.F.R

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

KingJackaL

Y.A.F.R

Post by KingJackaL »

Yet Another Feature Request :D

I knew there was something I forgot to put in this thread. And it iss....

Shrub shortcuts

( sorry for saying the forbidden word :roll: :wink: )

I've put this thread here, because most of these type of shortcuts are not so usefull in a clan situation ( where players either aren't dumb enough to have to be told things explicitly, or where players can just use the more flexible voice comms solution ).

Text Shortcuts

Short version
Basically a clone of the 'shrubshortcuts', which allow you to script in commonly used ( or wanted ) variables like how much ammo/health you have, or the name of the person you're looking at.

Explanation
Ever want to tell the noob with 10 health running away from you to STOP, and let you give him health? Ever wished that 'medic' calls showed how badly you needed a medic, so people on 95 health didn't distract medics from helping out people who will die and be gibbed shortly if they don't get support ASAP? Those are just a couple of situations where text shortcuts make your /say_team binds 'that' much more powerful. For example, instead of having a 'WAIT UP!!' bind for the noob running away from you ( normally while spamming 'v21' *sigh* ), you can have a 'Hey <PLAYERNAME>, Wait up bro!' bind. Often them seeing their own name is enough to make them actually READ it.

Implementation
A system similar to Shrub would be pretty easy to implement. Shrub has things like the number of bullets you've got, the amount of health etc. The most important one ( at least IMHO ) is the 'name of player youre looking at' one. Just make sure it doesn't work for enemy names :P, and optionally disallow the usage of textshortcuts in MM1 ( where I honestly don't see how it's needed ).
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

ya shortcuts would OWN :D

verry handy

also in classbinds like

im a <C> whit a <W>

(class) (weapon)
kingjam

Re: Y.A.F.R

Post by kingjam »

KingJackaL wrote:Yet Another Feature Request :D

Ever want to tell the noob with 10 health running away from you to STOP, and let you give him health?
just let em run - they'll be back... :roll:
bacon

Re: Y.A.F.R

Post by bacon »

kingjam wrote:
KingJackaL wrote:Yet Another Feature Request :D

Ever want to tell the noob with 10 health running away from you to STOP, and let you give him health?
just let em run - they'll be back... :roll:
But you see, then you can't XP-whore. If the n00b dies and taps out, you're screwed out of XP.