Landmine spotting

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Chunky

Post by Chunky »

making the coverts more combat-proof might be easier: Just give them the ability to remove the silencer from their sten, so they wont overheat but will make noise. This way the covert can choose whats best and is able to fight like any other class when needed.
Greetz,
<[AA]> Chunky, HORA EST
Deathlike M. Tito

Post by Deathlike M. Tito »

I just like it as it is. In the map battery you can get 4 stars for CO class (I know I can 8) )
mines: you have to have them in the game becouse 6 players cant be everywere on the map. it is best defence. you have to protect unprotected places where you cant protect it with players. and you have to place them on the right spot where nowone expect them.
If you are anoying by mines just switch to CO and of to hunt for some mines it will help you an your team mates.

If you remove all mines from the game. eng class has lost a half of meaning being eng.
you have to be smart where to plant them.

for CO you have to play with your mind. do what the CO is for!
Athens

Post by Athens »

I don't like the idea of suiting up the covert's weapons a tad.

-I think it would be a bad idea to be able to remove the "silencer" as someone stated on the sten though because then we have an incredibly accurate weapon that can fire as many rounds as an smg.

-Beefing up sniper rifles would be very bad as well. Think about it for a sec, would you want to be even a medic going up against a guy with a weapon that takes one or two body hits and you're gone at close range as well as far? Think about it, you're an axis cov on Fueldump. You see enemies coming out of the far cave exit and since a body shot would do 80 damage as they did in RTCW (supposedly) you whip out your FG-42/ k43 and drop all of them in two hits....

-The FG42 has an incredible rate of fire at close range and is accurate provided you know how to use it well, which most players don't since they rarely play cov ops.

I've heard a lot of players talking about how weak coverts "armor" is and how a few shots w/ a smg takes them out. Maybe if their hp or "armor" were raised?
NOYB

Post by NOYB »

If you want to make covert more powerful; make his backstab "instagib" and all other knifings double normal damage.
Athens

Post by Athens »

Isn't a level 4 covert a one shot knife kill anyway?
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

There is a difference between instagib and 1 hit kill.
Instagib: opponent goes directly to Limbo
1 hit kill: opponent dies and can be revived
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

NOYB wrote:If you want to make covert more powerful; make his backstab "instagib" and all other knifings double normal damage.
Great idea, and level 4 instant kill anywhere on the body. That would be really cool on pubs and not important in clanwars where you don't get to level 4 anyway
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

IVAN wrote:i totaly agree.. dont eliminate the covert from the game.... my ideas on how to make him more usefull..

Weapons
1. (which should be pretty easy i think :) ) Let him use SMG
we can all see how this would help him right...

TeT//IVAN!
Personaly i think a covert should pick up the weapon of the guy he has just nicked the uniform from. Think about it, you have just taken a uniform to disguise yourself, now what would you use as a weapon, hmmm

a) a nice pointy sticky out weapon like your own sniper rifle.
b) a wepaon that matches the side you want to look like and that should be on the ground next to the body of the person you have just stolen from.

not that hard a choice in my opinon.

Maybe fears of rambo coverts would suddenly appear in the game rather like the medics. A possible solution to this could be to balance the weapon stealing with the the fact that he cant reload the weapon he has just knicked until he reachs a certain covert XP level. Sort of makes sense that he wouldnt be trained up on the more 'advanced' soldiers weapons and an eng's rifle nade straight away.
Athens

Post by Athens »

Hazzie wrote:
IVAN wrote:i totaly agree.. dont eliminate the covert from the game.... my ideas on how to make him more usefull..

Weapons
1. (which should be pretty easy i think :) ) Let him use SMG
we can all see how this would help him right...

TeT//IVAN!
Personaly i think a covert should pick up the weapon of the guy he has just nicked the uniform from. Think about it, you have just taken a uniform to disguise yourself, now what would you use as a weapon, hmmm

a) a nice pointy sticky out weapon like your own sniper rifle.
b) a wepaon that matches the side you want to look like and that should be on the ground next to the body of the person you have just stolen from.

not that hard a choice in my opinon.

Maybe fears of rambo coverts would suddenly appear in the game rather like the medics. A possible solution to this could be to balance the weapon stealing with the the fact that he cant reload the weapon he has just knicked until he reachs a certain covert XP level. Sort of makes sense that he wouldnt be trained up on the more 'advanced' soldiers weapons and an eng's rifle nade straight away.
That would be sick. Maybe if the weapon he stole did a certain damage % less and was less accurate or something along those lines? You could also have the %'s vary from skill level as you stated.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Athens wrote: That would be sick. Maybe if the weapon he stole did a certain damage % less and was less accurate or something along those lines? You could also have the %'s vary from skill level as you stated.
So if I am a med LW-l1 and kill the an enemy Fieldops LW-l4 and take his weapon I will have a more accurate weapon then ?

btw: I like the idea that coverts may have the ability (they don't have to if they won't) to take weapons of enemys they stole the uniform from.
Athens

Post by Athens »

"So if I am a med LW-l1 and kill the an enemy Fieldops LW-l4 and take his weapon I will have a more accurate weapon then ? "

Gah no that's not what I meant! Here's an example.

You're a covert, you kill an enemy engie carrying a garand. You swipe the garand off him, BUT it does less damage then what it usually does and is less accurate since a covert is using it. The higher level covert you become, the closer that weapon's damage and accuracy gets back to "normal".
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

the Medic dont need exp before he comes usefull
The F. ops dont need exp before he comes usefull
The Engi Dont need exp before he comes usefull

Really Guys COMEONE!!! This is a etPRO mod.. So there should no need to to get Exp BEFORE your class can be used..thid should also count for the C.ops.

ETpro should just upgrade the Coverts so he would be a used class. As it is now Noone really use him.. that said.. sure some of you might see me use him in a 6v6.. but thats only ontil i die. then ill be a medic agian....

There are 2 ways of upping him..

1. Give him a WAY better way of spotting mines..
ect. letting him spot em with out the Binoc.
Ect. let him spot em ALOT faster.

2. give him something els.
Ect. Weapons that can actual hit something.

A drunk IVAN!..
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

Give him the ability to disarm dynamite.
bacon

Post by bacon »

BOTA wrote:Give him the ability to disarm dynamite.
While we're at it why don't we let him give medpacks, ammopacks, and call in air support? Then we can rename him to the super-class!
IVAN

Post by IVAN »

well it would not really help the C. op class that much, if he could disarm Dyna.. its almost always the defending team who have to disarm dynas. and the defending team dont really need mine spotting. .. hope you get my point..