Landmine spotting

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Korollary

Huh?

Post by Korollary »

What XP levels are you talking about ? etpro is a competition mod, and in (many) leagues, the tendency is to disable XP alltogether.

The way the covops class is crippled, in high level competition matches, you will never see any covops, period. Watch the demo of Affliction vs Rotators on radar if you like. Zero covops. And that's a map where you really step on mines, and you can snipe from various spots, etc.

This is all moot. This is version 3.0 of etpro and to this day there hasn't been any changes to gameplay. Unfortunately, an adjustment to anything no matter how minor will cause long threads of meaningless arguments.

My suggestion would be to allow for changes via cvars (and I know that could be complicated), and let the leagues instantiate different ladders for each major deviation from vanilla gameplay. But that would require at least a general acknowledgement of current status and a desire for change.
Heimdal

Post by Heimdal »

I know that we use a cv op for Fuel Dump, every time. Very useful there as a sniper on first stage tbh. Also useful for blowing the depot defenses as that takes ages with dynamites.