Known ETPro 3.0.0 bugs

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kamel

Post by Kamel »

this sounds like you are just lagging.

try doing /g_antilag 0 -- or telling the admin to, they mixed up the antilag variable and now 1 is 0 and 0 is 1.

in other words, 0 = enabled, 1 = disabled.
"Common sense isn't very common."
shastao

Post by shastao »

IVY wrote:Heres the best explanation i can give(maybe i could get a demo of it), but when i hit my #5 key(which is my needle)it would switch to the needle for a split second, go back to what i was holding before(the gun) for a split second and then back to the needle I asked it to switch to. I did nothing differently that I normally do at any other time. Im sure this doesnt make alot of sense, but im not sure how else to explain it.
I had a similar problem, for example I run up to something to go build it, I hit 5 and immediately press down fire, in previous versions of ETPro it would go to the pliers and start building. In 3.0 I would occasionally discharge whatever I was holding at the time and THEN switch, I think a couple of times it did the switch back for a split second, probably have it on demo somewhere but I have to wait for 3.0.1 before I can watch them I guess :roll:

If I may digress, bani & co., good job on the anti-cheat thing. There's a guy in my circle of friends (we LAN on occasion) who is otherwise an okay guy (okay...maybe a little messed in the head) but he got ahold of some ET cheats and a couple of other guys got them off him. He gave up when the score was 5-0 in favor of ETPro's anti-cheat, and the other guys just gave up when they saw him getting kicked repeatedly.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

shastao wrote:If I may digress, bani & co., good job on the anti-cheat thing. There's a guy in my circle of friends (we LAN on occasion) who is otherwise an okay guy (okay...maybe a little messed in the head) but he got ahold of some ET cheats and a couple of other guys got them off him. He gave up when the score was 5-0 in favor of ETPro's anti-cheat, and the other guys just gave up when they saw him getting kicked repeatedly.
Bani 1 - Cheats 0

\o/

Huzzahh!
Thilias

Post by Thilias »

IVY wrote:I had a major bug last night while playin 3.0. Everytime i switched to another item(say switching from gun to needle) it would mess up. Its very hard to explain if it hasnt happened to you.

Heres the best explanation i can give(maybe i could get a demo of it), but when i hit my #5 key(which is my needle)it would switch to the needle for a split second, go back to what i was holding before(the gun) for a split second and then back to the needle I asked it to switch to. I did nothing differently that I normally do at any other time. Im sure this doesnt make alot of sense, but im not sure how else to explain it.

I played on other servers last night and everything was fine. Heard of this before?

i have the same problem
from weapon bank 3 going to bank 2 it will swap rapidly for about 2 swconds
it seems to stop if i stop moving first or not swap as many times
Shellm

Spectator is beeing informed about spotted mines

Post by Shellm »

Sry 4 my noobish english!

I was spectating an etpro 3.0.0 game.
Both teams have been speclocked and I have been invited to specate the Axis team. Everytime the Allies team was spotting a landmine, I could hear the voice message and see the coordinates, where the mines have been spotted.

I'm shure that this is a bug, not a feature!

Thx for reading! This post will end here ;)
Redballoon

maps

Post by Redballoon »

Quick Question
I have got the back door of the battery map to explode, but I cant fix the command post spawn on Fuel dump.
I have put the line: set b_mapscriptdirectory "etpromapscripts" into the etmain and the etpro folders in our servers config.
Should it be in both of em, one of em, or none of em?
If I am on the wrong path completly can you steer me to an answer or even just a thread where I can read it for myself and stop bugging you guys.

203.17.15.204:27333 is the Ubik server.
We have installed version 3 on there.
Yes I am completly new to all this, so be gentle, my mind is mush already.
Redballoon

Post by Redballoon »

Update!
I think I fixed it.
I have no idea how, but its fixed.
Korollary

Here's the condump on mass disconnect

Post by Korollary »

I don't know if you fixed it already or not, but here go the relevant parts:

major was killed by NoWay's Luger 9mm
CocaineTestPilot disconnected
major disconnected
[asf]Gh0strid3R disconnected
-------- UNRECOVERABLE ERROR --------
This may be due to a bug in etpro
Information to be used in a bug report is being generated:
------------- CUT HERE --------------
Version: etproReason: [MSG_ReadByte: illegible message]
debugBuffer [BxcA5AuXBqkHAEgLBwapDQDCB2EIQBsBzQr8BDEWBgcKIAUCBgsJ
tQQCAE0DXAf-FQEqAqsS4AWzHgDOBfoQZA4AhwTkBkcSAFcHNQ1lFwFwDbkH9RrEEgHCA1cWjxBkKgB-CC4DHh8AdALeDToJABkEVQgTBFkAB4QEYBUEBzwFQAQD]
------------- CUT HERE --------------
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
**** yadda yadda yadda ****
----------------------
26007 files in pk3 files
ERROR: etpro error - see console

RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- R_Init -----

I was on allies on a server with about 20 people.
TombStone

Problem with the Mouse and Keyboard movements!!!!!

Post by TombStone »

Sry i must ask again .. my problem is still alive :( :roll: :?

Hello I have a prob with the keyboard and Mouse.

When i start Et all is okay .. but when i start to connect to server or start to play on Server! My Mouse und Keyboard are moving very very slow .... i can´t play with this bug! It doesn´t mater what i press on keyboard or mouse, the efect is too slow like 30 sec. timestep! The game in the background run normal (very fast)! This is since i use etpro 3.0.0. I have uninstalled all und install it new!.

Update : I have installed all new ... but not etpro 3.0 .. i can play normal at maps that doén´t use etpro 3.0.

Please Help me !!!!!

Sry about my terrible Englisch - I am German!
Tuchyna

Post by Tuchyna »

2TombStone
it may sound silly, but do u use Zonealarm?
I had something like u a time ago.. it was zonealarm... i turned it off, and everithing was ok
now i have other firewall and everything ok
Redballoon

Is this a bug?

Post by Redballoon »

Ok New problem (for us anyway)
I have put in the line set b_mapscriptdirectory "etpromapscripts"
And I restart server.
It works fine till I change to competition settings, then all is lost.
IF I change back to public settings its still lost
(When I say lost, I mean no blowing back door in Battery, respawn at c/p in Fueldump, etc)
I have to restart server to make it work again.
Do I have to put the line set b_mapscriptdirectory "etpromapscripts" somewhere special for it to be applicable to comp settings?
is it a bug when it wont return to normal without rebooting?
MrSpanky

Post by MrSpanky »

Hiya bani, hi all,

RedBalloon and I have a server here in Aus, but think there is a bug for the new Battery map.

As far as I can tell, besides the back door dyno, other changes you have made, include Axis can spawn at com-post, and Allies can now not, which adds an interesting twist on things for this map. Great stuff.

So when the server is reset, and it starts in public settings, all is good, with these new changes. No problem here.

But when we change it to competition settings (waiting on X players to start) it reverts back to no back door dyno and no axis com-post spawn for axis.

If we switch it back to public settings it's still non back door dyno/spawn com-post.
To get it back to dyno door and compost spawn, we need to reboot the server.

So my question is:
How do we keep the back door dyno/axis com-post spawn on BOTH Competition and public settings, regardless if we switch to one or the other, without rebooting?

Thanks again, and cheers for your hard work.
TombStone

Post by TombStone »

Thx for the tip .. zonealarm .. but i don´t use any firewall ...

It makes me angry that i can´t play on Server that use 3.00 ETPro .. the Tool is very nice .. no Question .. it rocks .. but i can´t play it .... the earliert test version are running on my system .... but with the new updates (bugfixes) it doesn´t work.

I LOVE ET ... please help me I die because it´s so boring! :cry: THX
TombStone

HLSW was the Problem!

Post by TombStone »

Hello again ... sry for Spamming ;)

The Prob was the new Beta from HLSW the Version 1_0_0_20 Beta .. makes Probs ... the older Version 1_0_0_11 Beta runs better!

Ciao
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

Bani/Rain. Is there an ETA you can give us for 3.0.1?
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com