Known ETPro 3.0.0 bugs

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

DSky.kotkis

Post by DSky.kotkis »

I'm quite sure you should fix this even though it may not be pure bug but a misbehaviour in the game play.

The thing is that even though you don't get a full charge bar anymore after /killing you can still obtain it full if you run to the enemy fire on purpose with couple of secs before the respawn. This is being exploited by a lot of clans (including us) and needs to be fixed.

Many teams send their Field Ops (and Panzers) rambo after few secs before the spawn. The usual scenario is that you face the enemy Field Op and because you know his exact spawn time you don't dare to shoot him. It ends up pretty funny when the Field Op is dancing with a primed nade in front of everyone while the other team is with full heatlth and ammo trying to avoid not to shoot at him. Not only does this look retarded but the so called 'enemy-kill' increases the amount of spam and makes a lot of maps pain in the ass to play.

I would make an .avi of some of the best 'his trying to spam! do NOT shoot him!' scenarios if the demoplayback would work but I guess I can't do that now. I can assure you that this is a rant for many Euro-clans and most of us expected this to be corrected in 3.0.0.

Proposed solution: Make the charge bar behave like it does with /kill if you get killed by an enemy.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

basically you want to do all that you can in order to help spawn killing?

i don't want to make some large debate about spawn killing or anything like that. buut, i feel this is a legitimate tactic, and should be allowed.

the only thing i would think is maybe a panzer or fieldops chargebar. if the other clan is smart enough to know you are doing this, they should be smart enough to charge and not try as hard to shoot you :D

i do understand what you mean, but i still feel it's a legitimate tactic; and i certainly see where this applies to places when spawn killing is not there -- but think if you were to be heavily spawn killed with this feature on. this would make the slaughter that much worse, and would cause problems with being able to break free from a being spawn killed position. IMO that's much more important than someone getting free chargebar.
"Common sense isn't very common."
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

@ DSky.kotkis

Sounds like a pain if such tactics are used.
I would not dare to say your solution with the chargemeter is better because I think it has more to do with proper gameplay then a ETPro feature.
DSky.kotkis

Post by DSky.kotkis »

@ Kamel,
ETPro is a competition mod and in competition there shouldn't be any aids to help out evening the skill difference of two teams. If you're getting spawn killed it's only because you're no match to the opponent. Besides, I don't see how this would have such an impact on how people are being able to get out of their spawn. At the moment this 'enemy-kill' is especially used in Oasis as a defence panzer and in Goldrush as a defending Field Op. Also new maps such as Caen are spam hell with the current status.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

@ DSky.kotkis i'm very aware this is a competition mod, if i only got a nickel for how many times i've heard this...

like i said, i don't want this turning into a debate about spawn killing, therefore, i will refuse to comment any further on this post.

i feel it's a valid tactic, and it's a bit hard to exploit, so i do not feel there is a need to change this aspect of the game.
"Common sense isn't very common."
dantm

ETPRO unknown error

Post by dantm »

Server disconnected for unknown reasonSys_LoadDll(/home/dan/.etwolf/etpro/ui.mp.i386.so)... ok
Sys_LoadDll(ui) found **vmMain** at 0x4d0a3a50
Sys_LoadDll(ui) succeeded!
^5PunkBuster Client: Not Connected to a Server

when this happens, the server disconnect about half of AXIS or ALLIES players, some of them lost their XP after they reconnect.

We play on local lan and I don't have PB activated. We are all behind firewall and can't connect to any master server or any public server on Internet.
senator

Post by senator »

hi guys

we had any probs with etpro 3 on our server so we returned now to 207.

1)
Sometimes all Axis or all Allied were kicked during a game as same time with following message: etpro error - read the console
but in the console we cant find any message

2)
On any maps we had a failure by planting landmines.
At any places on a map (not everywhere) i will plant a mine and the mine activate immediately and exploded within 1 second (Selfkill).

We´ll wait now for etpro 3.0.1 :(
Naked Pope

Post by Naked Pope »

senator wrote:At any places on a map (not everywhere) i will plant a mine and the mine activate immediately and exploded within 1 second (Selfkill).
I had this problem one time. I was missing the flag on it and those 2 seconds you normally have to save your ass.
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

DSky.kotkis wrote:Proposed solution: Make the charge bar behave like it does with /kill if you get killed by an enemy.

Actually, the better idea would be to just DISABLE /kill. Then you don't have to worry about none of that.
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
zoom

Re: Known ETPro 3.0.0 bugs

Post by zoom »

bani wrote:
  • Demo playback crashes. :curse: - fixed in 3.0.1
what? it is already fixed ?

what are you waiting for, release a critical update inmediately!
this is very serious problem :oops:

will current demos recorded on etpro 3.0.0 still be unplayable after this fix? if so, can you make some program which fixes them? 8)
zoom

Post by zoom »

DSky.kotkis wrote: The thing is that even though you don't get a full charge bar anymore after /killing you can still obtain it full if you run to the enemy fire on purpose with couple of secs before the respawn. This is being exploited by a lot of clans (including us) and needs to be fixed.
you must be very proud of yourself (and leet) ?

but what can you do if you can't win by other means...
Snuggs

Post by Snuggs »

Yes, actually they are very "leet".

I'm inclined to agree with kotkis and think that it would be better for overall gameplay if the bar was not returned full after an enemy killed you. We've had a few entertaining moments trying not to kill the rambo field ops at the bottom of the slope on goldrush and I know where he is coming from on this one.

Too much defensive spam is a bad thing. Bani, if you are listening...would you consider making the bar totally time dependent and not fill up automatically if an enemy kills you? I smell a poll..........
epospro

Post by epospro »

I can confirm these sympoms in linux:

lag issues with high ping players (my ping is about 30-50)
weaponswitch / reload issues

On non etpro-3.0.0 servers this problem is not appeared. I have 512/128Mb link.

For me 3.0.0 is unplayable. :cry:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

zoom wrote:
bani wrote:
  • Demo playback crashes. :curse: - fixed in 3.0.1
what? it is already fixed ?

what are you waiting for, release a critical update inmediately!
this is very serious problem :oops:

will current demos recorded on etpro 3.0.0 still be unplayable after this fix? if so, can you make some program which fixes them? 8)
he is waiting untill he get alal stuff fixed instead of just the demo playback
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

epospro wrote:I can confirm these sympoms in linux:

lag issues with high ping players (my ping is about 30-50)
weaponswitch / reload issues

On non etpro-3.0.0 servers this problem is not appeared. I have 512/128Mb link.

For me 3.0.0 is unplayable. :cry:
Not sure if this is your problem but it has been rported many times that Antilag cvar set has been inverted. So when you think it's on it's off and vise versa