Joined: 21 Jul 2002
|Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:12 am Post subject: ET Pro anticheat system issues
|Known false positives:
- Linux Fedora Core 2 players may get false violations. Fixed in testbugfix2
- FRAPS will cause false violation if you exit FRAPS in the middle of a game. Don't do that. Leave FRAPS alone . Fixed in testbugfix1
- ATI Tool will cause false violations. Don't use it. Fixed in testbugfix1
- Some versions of windowblinds may cause false positives. If you have a version which causes it, let us know.
- Viruses can cause false positives. The relatively new DR/XIPOD.1 virus is known to do this.
- xfire can cause players to show up "STRANGE". disable in-game xfire chat to fix this.
- Running ET in compatibility mode on windows (w2k, xp, etc) can cause strange looking /cheaters status output. Harmless, you can advise those players to discontinue playing in compatibility mode so they appear "clean" in the /cheaters listing
- Some strange videodrivers can also cause strange looking /cheaters status output.
Last edited by bani on Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:22 pm; edited 5 times in total