yahoo.com to be blocked from the forums

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

|TGT|Rodent|

Post by |TGT|Rodent| »

BOTA wrote:I happen to appreciate a long term relationship with my email address and I do not appreciate others abusing it like they did!
Know what you mean BOTA, I purchased my first domain a few years ago, and setup the website, setup a personal email address (Never subscribed to ANYTHING), and found after a year I was averaging 150 spams a day. Go away on holiday and you're spending an hour just downloading junk email. (back in the 56k days)

In Japan I hear they were experimenting with the idea of setting up a payment system. When you send an email you get charged £0.01 or something close to that amount. When the email is received by the recipient, they choose whether to refund the amount.

Spamers send out thousand of emails at a time, imagine if you will £0.01 x 6 million = £60,000. Yeah sure, some companies may pay this amount to the spammer for the service, but they simply wouldn't be able to afford to keep doing it. Plus it would't be worth the risk for the spammer.
Was watching a documentary about spamming. In an interview with an unnamed spammer he admitted to having a database of 6 billion active email accounts.

Another great ploy by spammers, try hit the unsubscribe button at the bottom, and watch your spam increase. You click that link and they know your account is active. (Plus you always find the link is *broken*, or there isn't a submit button. FACT)
Visit our website or join 69.56.128.51 | 207.218.249.168
|TGT|Rodent|

Post by |TGT|Rodent| »

With this block in mind: and a little free advertising :wink: , I am working on an Enemy Territory resource site, www.Wolf-ET.net, www.Wolf-ET.com.

I plan on allowing people to setup email accounts £9.95 per year, free for awhile tho, till we get a few registered members.

Keep checking to above site, or PM me if you want your own summin@Wolf-ET.net, or summin@Wolf-ET.com emails.

Will be at least 2 weeks from now till I will be able to release emails. Still have to get hosting sorted out.
Nail

Post by Nail »

hmmm, revived this thread after a year just to spam your non-existant site, poor form I'd say
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
fretn

Post by fretn »

anime.net has the best antispam <3
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
|TGT|Rodent|

Post by |TGT|Rodent| »

omg, sorry guys, I usually check the month of the post, not the year. thought it was a recent topic.

opps.

And with that in mind, yes, poor form. :lol:
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

but the last post before your post was May 2004, you posted in April...did you assume they jumped into the future a few days to post? :?
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
sponge

Post by sponge »

Just as much as you assumed that he remembers his last post date.
Nail

Post by Nail »

aw, c'mon, enough of this petty childishness, he said sorry, that should be enough
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome