ET Pro 3.0.0 test bugfix release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET Pro 3.0.0 test bugfix release

Post by bani »

An ET Pro 3.0.0 test bugfix release is now available.

This is not an official release, it's just a test bugfix version. Based on the feedback we get from admins this may or may not end up being the official 3.0.1 release.

It has bugfixes for most of the reported 3.0.0 bugs so far, and a bunch of new features requested by league admins.

Please test it and post your feedback in this forum.
Last edited by bani on Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

I will install it right away, thanks a lot bani.
If I find anything I will metion it...
Caligul4

Post by Caligul4 »

The demo-playback doesn't work :(
This Error appears:
Epo

Post by Epo »

I got the same error message, but it disappeared after i rebooted my pc. After that i just get the regular 131-error, so no demoplayback yet i guess..
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

ET Pro 3.0.0 test bugfix is now running on {Zer0}'s House of Torment. 8)
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

Demo playback works very well, don't forget to start your et with +set fs_game etpro and remove all earlier etpro-3_0_0.pk3 versions from your etpro directory (leave only the bugfix one inside).
Epo

Post by Epo »

Hmm, did exactly what user_noob suggested, then again now it results me getting the same error as caligul4. Errr, have i misunderstood or should demos recorded with etpro3.0.0 now work or are u maybe referring to demos recorded with earlier versions of etpro? I don't wan't to whine tho, no way. I think etpro is great. There's just this one demo i'd like to watch. No biggy.
blaz

Post by blaz »

i get the same error whether i'm executing from seismovision or loading through the menu.

with the previous test builds (downloaded from quaketheism and oldcrows), demo playback was fine.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you can alledgedly watch demo's from the old 3.0.0 and the new 3.0.0 using the new 3.0.0
however you HAVE to start the game in etpro to watch them, you cannot watch etpro 3 games from etmain, so now your client has to add the +set fs_game etpro not just the server
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
nikK

Post by nikK »

BG_IndexForString: unknown token 'NOT': (animations/scripts/human_base.script, line 3351)
I resolved this by extracting ui_mp_x86.dll and cgame_mp_x86.dll from the etpro-3_0_0.pk3 file into the etpro folder, worked like a charm afterwards :)
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

blaz wrote:i get the same error whether i'm executing from seismovision or loading through the menu.

with the previous test builds (downloaded from quaketheism and oldcrows), demo playback was fine.
In Seismovision make sure in the ET options you have Start Demo with this Mod and select ET?! Not sure if you have that selected.
blaz

Post by blaz »

i temporarily removed my etpro folder and was going to redownload it from a server, but then decided to extract etpro-3_0_0.pk3 from the testbugfix release. put cgame_mp_x86.dll and ui_mp_x86.dll in the etpro folder. all seems fine now.

EDIT: yes i have etpro loaded with seismo and i have my shortcut +set fs_game etpro

ERROR: BG_IndexForString: unknown token 'NOT': (animations/scripts/human_base.script, line 3351)

i still get this when starting a non dedicated local server (eg /map battery in console), although demo playback is working properly.
Deus

Post by Deus »

I installed on 62.93.201.90:27600 and it works fine

But I found a bug.

If the player who rides the tank gets lagged out (999) the tank will drive further on and on, The player cannot be killed, because of Lag, only can be kicked.

Have demo if wanted
Grim|EFG

Post by Grim|EFG »

[pH*Deus] wrote: The player cannot be killed, because of Lag, only can be kicked.
lagged players can actually be killed with grenades fyi.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

a new version of the test bugfix is releaseed, test bugfix 15

please give it a try.