team deathmatch gametype?

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

DG

team deathmatch gametype?

Post by DG »

Any thoughts on adding a basic team deathmatch gametype? ET is a class/objective based game, but there's extra fun from variety and it'd be great for shooter praccy too. I'm thinking of it being orientated to 1v1 to 3v3 team sizes btw.

After a little thought all I think it needs would be:

- forcing player class to soldiers only
- score +1 for a kill, -1 for a suicide or teamkill
- disable map objective completion from winning map or affecting score (possible?)
- set win condition as teamscore reaching b_fraglimit x
- maybe alter scoresheet
- rest doable with existing ETmain/etpro cvars

I think it can almost be done currently manipulating limited life gametype, but it's backward, cant restrict class type sufficiently and would require maps to be specifically designed for the purpose.

I'd like to see it from any mod, though really I'm hoping it would be in ETPro, to benefit from additions (e.g. disable EXP), enhancements and fixes already done there - yeah I'm kind of assuming, in my nieve non-coder way, that it wouldnt be a huge heap of work (at least compared to the benefits of it); though of course ETPro team already have a lot on their plate. Not sure wether it'd be more suited to BayonET but cant help wonder if that will ever appear and anyway the appeal is maybe moreso for ETPro's target players.
bacon

Post by bacon »

Team Deathmatch will be in Vietnam: Ambush.
http://rtcw-prison.planet-multiplayer.d ... /index.php
Ragnar_40k

Re: team deathmatch gametype?

Post by Ragnar_40k »

DG wrote:- disable map objective completion from winning map or affecting score (possible?)
Isn't this already done for LMS-gametype? All (stock) maps have a special map scripts with disabled/altered objectives for LMS. Afaik the only objectives left are command posts.
The Emperor watch over you.
DG

Post by DG »

bacon: maybe but that'd be a gametype for vietnam ambush mod, not ET :)

ragnar: hopefully, then it'd be less work needing doing & more likely to have better compatibility :p
Ragnar_40k

Post by Ragnar_40k »

DG wrote:ragnar: hopefully, then it'd be less work needing doing & more likely to have better compatibility :p
Simply(?) change LMS from single live to limited lives, thats it. Stats can be adjusted later.
The Emperor watch over you.