ET Pro 3.0.0 test bugfix 26 released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET Pro 3.0.0 test bugfix 26 released

Post by bani »

The test bugfix release version 26 for 3.0.0 is now available

This fixes a serious bug in the antilag code (etmain bug)

Unless critical bugs are reported, this will likely become 3.0.1.

Please test it and post your feedback (good or bad) in this thread.
Last edited by bani on Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daytroxative

wtf?

Post by daytroxative »

i just updated to 24 yesterday :| ..... oh well here we go again...... nice work bani..... but you gotta release 3.0.1 soon!!!! work on more anti-lag stuff.. cause thats just cool....
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeh i know i stopped updating alll the time unlees there are usefulll fixed in it :D
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

It is very hard to keep up.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

We're still on 20. Not gonna update further until 3.1 is released. Pretty much every server I join has a different bugfix, I've got 7 clients in my etpro folder :(
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

3.1 will take some more days...... ;)
but i agree that 3.0.1 should come soon to get most servers on same version......because 3.0.0 didnt work OK....and i think its time to syncronise servers...and THEN start 3.0.1bugfix1 ;)

feedback should be much more and more prcisely then this mixup

Harry
newbroker

Post by newbroker »

:? Yes, we (CompKal) also stop supporting day based ETPro updates and go back to stable ETPro 2.07 until 3.0.1 released.

But BANI, there is a point, i have really afraidly in front of this. What i mean is the ANTILAG function in last bugfixed ETPro 3.x.x.x versions.

I think it could not be, that the client have to choose ANTILAG on or off.
This must be a server side setting. We aren't a clan based FPS community with players from all over EUROPE. We have players with a PING of 18ms and other's with a PING of 150ms. The present server side ANTILAG function do a very very very good job and we have very fair fights. Under ETPro3.0.0_22 some players with very good connections switched ANTILAG off and our fair ONE on ONE 's are history :-(

Yes, i know it's possible with PUNKBUSTER to check the client side CVAR's but this is for me NOT a real solution. It could not be that the players have separated configs for all visited servers :shock:

SO PLEASE GIVE US OUR OLD ANTILAG BACK
=CFC= it's all about teamplay
zinx

Post by zinx »

newbroker wrote::? Yes, we (CompKal) also stop supporting day based I think it could not be, that the client have to choose ANTILAG on or off.
This must be a server side setting. We aren't a clan based FPS community with players from all over EUROPE. We have players with a PING of 18ms and other's with a PING of 150ms. The present server side ANTILAG function do a very very very good job and we have very fair fights. Under ETPro3.0.0_22 some players with very good connections switched ANTILAG off and our fair ONE on ONE 's are history :-(
Uh. Turning antilag on or off does not affect anyone else, it only affects your own aim. Turning it off makes it so you have to lead your shots, instead of shoot where the person is. It doesn't affect anyone else -- if someone else still has antilag on, they can still hit you by shooting where you appear to be to them; they don't have to lead their shots if they have antilag on, even if you have it off.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

newbroker wrote:Under ETPro3.0.0_22 some players with very good connections switched ANTILAG off and our fair ONE on ONE 's are history :-(
why is it history? please explain.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

newbroker wrote:SO PLEASE GIVE US OUR OLD ANTILAG BACK
NO DON'T, IF YOU DO I WILL HURT SOMEBODY!!! :evil:

Seriously, I was actually able to play a good game today with an SMG on the ET Pro server in the US. Owning it up KJ-stylez on a 250 ping. I have NEVER been able to do this in ANY other game... EVA!!

I'm sold. :D
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

KingJackaL wrote:KJ-stylez
Was KJ-stylez the part where I satcheled you? :D
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Blackout wrote:
:(

Noo... that would be the bit where I found out that even with the new antilag, some things still don't work on a 250 ping ( like, you hear sounds 250ms too late ;) ).

But seriously, normally on a 250 ping ( I get 250-300 ping to US servers, 250-400 ping to EU servers ) I can't play SMG AT ALL. It's a dead loss - you're lucky to do 20-30 damage to a good player, and you warp so bad it's not even fun. You either play panzer or you don't play.

This may actually result in significantly more people playing internationally - which can only be a good thing! :)
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

I agree.
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

KingJackaL wrote:
Blackout wrote:
:(

Noo... that would be the bit where I found out that even with the new antilag, some things still don't work on a 250 ping ( like, you hear sounds 250ms too late ;) ).
Of course. I played over a 56k modem longer than I like to remember, and as a matter of fact, all I recall from that era is a long red flash punctuated by frequent respawns :x

I'll have to play on an NZ server soon and take a trip down memory lane.
defragga

Post by defragga »

o_O

I just have isdn 64k connection, and I'm used to play with pings of 130 in clanwars ... well with the new antilag code, its smoother than ever before ...

I dont know how u improved the antilag code .. but it rocks :>

iI'm loving it ;D