rtcwmod for et looking for extra coder

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

/*Demoman*/

rtcwmod for et looking for extra coder

Post by /*Demoman*/ »

hey guys just wanted to let you all know Im looking for a extra programmer to help with this project... Im running out of time with classes during the summer starting soon and other real life stuff

here is what Im trying to accomplish by making this mod

basicially this mod is trying to make et feel more like rtcw with all its weapons that were in rtcw playing like they were in rtcw
ie thompson and mp40 play like 2 different weapons

also altering the current et with features requested by etplayer and rtcwplayers such as:

making the riflenades be more of a fire and wait weapon like the panzer and less like a primary weapon(running around with the nade always in the barrel)
shorter fireteam list( getting rid of rank and location) both of which are worthless
class limitations: ( stopping the trend of 9 medics on a 10 men team)
weapon limitations:(stopping the use of 9 panzers on a team)
rtcw hud (compass in the bottom middle)

and other rtcw features that got eliminated in ET that I havent got around to working on yet +dropweapon, map name locations on fireteam

this is a serious mod.. Im not looking to add things like poison needles, playdead, etc... but plans are that later, using the same rtcwmod code, creating a fun mod ala shrub

basically its to try and bring in new blood from rtcw and hopefully spark some talk about making this mod apart of competions.. I know a lot of invite teams from RTCW that would be interested if this mod works out

as I said the demand for my mod is high.. from invite/alpha clans in twl/cal... to rtcw players that hated ET...to ET players that miss Rtcw but love the ET weapons... pubbers and competion players .....everyone and anyone that is looking for a reason to play rtcw in et... this mod is their bridge

Im just afraid with my new schedule coming up Im not gonna be able to get my mod out fast enough and bug free for all to enjoy this summer... which was my goal :(

the list of what Ive done so far is here:

http://home.comcast.net/~dbpryor/rtcwmod.html

at the top is pictured all the current stuff added to the beta .0.3 rtcwmod which is running on one of ND80's server

the middle contains its current client cvars, server cvars, bug fixes, and mod changes and addtions

the bottom contains the stuff Im working on for the next update
ie cg_simpleitems, classlimitation, shove, and small things like elimination of rank on crosshair names, and objective center print indicators when the object has been planted on/stolen

this is my first ever attempt at making a mod and Im looking for someone who has at least one mod under his belt and knows his way around the code to help produce a better end product

if interested pm me here or drop me an email at dbpryor@comcast.net

thanks ~ -r./*Demoman*/