ET Pro 3.0.1 known bugs

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET Pro 3.0.1 known bugs

Post by bani »

Known bugs:
  • minor problem with sv_cvar enforcing cl_timenudge and rate (cvar enforcement complains twice and makes two backup .cfg's). b_antiwarp should take care of any lag hacks anyway, regardless of the method used (including pulling your network cable out of the wall). there are no known exploits with rate as this only affects what the server sends to the client, not what the client sends to the server.
Last edited by bani on Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Does this mean that sv_cvar rate and cl_timenudge commands can now be safely removed from league configs?

( I'm keen to have as few unneeded lines as possible in ours )

cl_maxpackets is still abusable for lag? Or not? Because the default 'modem' setting for that is 15, only people used to warp down there, so most leagues force 30. However, dialup's don't get a very good conn on 30... ;)
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

KingJackaL wrote:cl_maxpackets is still abusable for lag?
why dont you try it ;)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

if you use color codes in the messege mode popup windows the colors isnt draw it stays like ^1 or ^2 or something

but if you type on there is maxium length before the text scrolls aside (so i wont get outside of the window)

but the side is also affected but the colors like if you got 3 color codes (^1 ^4 ^8) (witch are 6 charecters) the side scroll will trigget after 6 charecters more so you can type outside of the window

but this is no big deal :roll: (it jsut is hard to expalian)
thompier

Post by thompier »

I can't return in normal speed in a demo with the SPACE key when I press KP_UP or KP_DOWN...
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

thompier wrote:I can't return in normal speed in a demo with the SPACE key when I press KP_UP or KP_DOWN...
That's because they re-mapped it to the escape key. Hit escape, not space.
Larry*C

Post by Larry*C »

but how can i watch the demos 3.01?
i place the demos in etmain/demos and try to start it with the ingame-replays -> *client/server mismatch game: Enemy Territory/ETPro* :?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you need to place them in your ETPRO folder in demo's and start the game with the fs_game etpro command line change
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

gotenks wrote:you need to place them in your ETPRO folder in demo's and start the game with the fs_game etpro command line change
If there is no Demo folder then make one called demos
Larry*C

Post by Larry*C »

thx for answering :wink:

but plz................ what exactly do you mean: *and start the game with the fs_game etpro command line change*

type in console? overwrite in a cfg?

sry for this nooby question......... :oops:
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Right click on your ET Shortcut Icon

Click on Properties.

Then where it says target. Add that at the end. You instalation might be different than mine but here is how i have it.

"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set fs_game etpro <---Add +set fs_game after "
Larry*C

Post by Larry*C »

Threshold wrote:Right click on your ET Shortcut Icon

Click on Properties.

Then where it says target. Add that at the end. You instalation might be different than mine but here is how i have it.

"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set fs_game etpro <---Add +set fs_game after "
ahhh :D

now i´ve got it - THX A LOT :bows:
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

heh no problem
Last edited by Threshold on Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

KingJackaL wrote:
thompier wrote:I can't return in normal speed in a demo with the SPACE key when I press KP_UP or KP_DOWN...
That's because they re-mapped it to the escape key. Hit escape, not space.
Hitting escape (once) exits to the main menu for me, so I had to bind timescale 1 to another key...
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Threshold wrote:Right click on your ET Shortcut Icon

Click on Properties.

Bad bad bad!! I tried putting that fs_game etpro and everytime I ran fuel dump or oasis, it gave me some weird error about hunc_alloc, so it is OUT. And the filter for Etpro servers doesn't even work. I see some Etpro, but most are shurb "xp save" :x