Repeated download of ETPRO3_0_0.pk3????

Discussion about specific ET servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Deadhead_DMT

Repeated download of ETPRO3_0_0.pk3????

Post by Deadhead_DMT »

Hi, I am running an ET server and switched it to ETPRO 3_0_0 recently. It comes up and says ETPRO 3_0_0 when loading. And I get functioning ETPRO 3 items like the lagometer, and alternate HUD.... No problem.

I and a lot of other people don't seem to have any problems, BUT...

I had a problem report from users who did not previously have ETPRO installed on their own computer.

In order to test the problem, I installed another copy of ET into a different directory from the one I normally use to emmulate that of new user; one who has never installed ETPRO before.

The problem I've discovered is that when a user signs on WITHOUT etpro installed, then the server gets caught in an endless loop downloading ETPRO3_0_0.Pk3 over and over again. After allowing it to repeat the download a good number of times, I checked the directory, and DID FIND the newly installed ETPRO folder with the ETPRO3_0_0.pk3 file in it along with a few other files. The download appears normal. So why does it continue to try to download this ETPRO3_0_0.pk3 file. (the download is from my web site and is the exact same file that is on the game server; also the web site has no problems in downloading maps or configuration files as needed) :!:

I removed the ETPRO folder and did the test again serveral more times, and got the same results. I've done the same test at 3 other servers randomly and found 2 of them responded with the same problem I am having but 1 of them did a single download of the ETPRO3_0_0.pk3 file and then let me into the game with no problems.

Has anyone experienced this before and do you have a quick fix to the problem. I don't want any gamers turned away from our server because of the repeating download barrier. Please help! :cry:
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

My brain isn't funtioning 100% so if you covered this, please forgive me.

Are there any other et pro files besides the newest ones in the redirect folder? I had this problem during the series of bugfix releases, when I spaced & forgot to trash an old pk3 from our redirect folder. I got caught in the exact same DL loop you describe.

That's all I can suggest. If the DL is coming directly from the game server, no idea except to clean out the et pro folder & put a new set of files back in it. GL!