b_antilag. works, or not?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

DSky.Juhan

b_antilag. works, or not?

Post by DSky.Juhan »

Anybody else got the feeling that b_antilag aint working? Even tho i got b_antilag 1, it still feels like antilag is off, and why bani even changed that antilag shit, cause forced cvar g_antilag 1 was good, and if antilag is now fucked up, that's one good thing less on ET :/
gotenks

Re: b_antilag. works, or not?

Post by gotenks »

DSky.Juhan wrote:Anybody else got the feeling that b_antilag aint working? Even tho i got b_antilag 1, it still feels like antilag is off, and why bani even changed that antilag shit, cause forced cvar g_antilag 1 was good, and if antilag is now fucked up, that's one good thing less on ET :/
seems to be working on zer0's servers
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

server side should be 1 else the server turns it off

the rest is client side on or off can be set whit b_antilag 1
defragga

Post by defragga »

100% agree to juhan ... It feels like playing without antilag, and imho the gameplay is very unsmooth in infights ... and the aiming is very unprecise ...

The "old" antilag could, even if it was buggy (dunno why), was a lot better :/
Rain

Post by Rain »

Check out this post if you'd like to confirm that antilag is working.

Note that antilag may feel slightly different if you have a high ping, because you would still have to lead your shots before (in certain circumstances), but that should no longer be necessary.

If it is indeed not doing the right thing, we'd like to hear about it, but it seems to be working properly now as far as we can tell.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
defragga

Post by defragga »

but why did u change the antilag stuff at all? it worked sooo well ... :/
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

defragga wrote:but why did u change the antilag stuff at all? it worked sooo well ... :/
no it didnt. it was broken in many very bad ways.

you're just used to playing with it broken.

read this post and follow the directions very carefully and you can confirm for yourself that antilag is working fine.
spoon

Post by spoon »

defragga:

From what I understand, there were certain tricks people could play with the original anti-lag code to give them an unfair advantage (ie, you could swim underwater, make yourself harder to hit, walk over landmines and not take damage). If that's the case, then no, the original antilag stuff wasn't really working that well after all. :)

I'd say be patient and give them some time. With the 2.0 series, we went through some rough spots with hitboxes and a few other annoying little buglets, but by 2.0.7 we had a pretty solid mod that addressed a lot of the problems in the original game.
defragga

Post by defragga »

yes bani, I did that with debugbullets, antilag 9 etc...and I saw that antilag works ... but I'm sad that et aiming is really very differnt now, ... and I'm not the only one who says that. And it doestn depend on ping or something, I know a few players with really good connections, ping 30 etc.. who are saying that the aiming has really changed :)

edit:

ehm what I wanted to say is ... yes I know that antilag is working now, and some bugs have been removed, but the price of changing the et aiming was too high in my oppinion ... and it really has changed, that's what I think ... maybe it isnt antilag itself, but its the aiming what really change since et pro bugfix24 (25 oO) and et pro 3.0.1 :(
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

@defragga:

we fixed antilag, it was broken in etmain and etpro 2.0.x. you're saying we should break it again? 8)

in etmain / etpro2.x if your target had high fps setting, then it's possible you wouldn't be getting any antilag compensation on that player (old antilag only kept previous 10 frames). so it's possible that targets you shoot at wouldn't be antilagged at all!

in etpro3.x the antilag keeps up to 100 frames, 800ms max. of compensation on a target.

players who were used to no-antilag (q3 etc) complained loudly about antilag on rtcw because they were used to leading targets without any antilag. maybe you just have to learn aiming with fixed antilag? 8)

so yes aiming is different on 3.x, but most players would probably say it is for the better...

if you can make a demo of antilag bugs, we're always interested to see that.
defragga

Post by defragga »

I think there are no antilag bugs ... and yes u are right: I've to relearn aiming ;)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

bani wrote:@defragga:

players who were used to no-antilag (q3 etc) complained loudly about antilag on rtcw because they were used to leading targets without any antilag. maybe you just have to learn aiming with fixed antilag? 8)
Well, that and the fact that antilag, and especially headshots w/antilag are even more broken in RTCW than ET.
send lawyers, guns and money
hiro

Post by hiro »

I think the new anti-lag works a treat! :)

I often play on a server with a 300 ping and now I find it far easier to survive smg fights and feel barely disadvantaged, although other players will still get the drop on me if we both round a corner at the same time. However even with a ping of over 500 I still got a very smooth game with only a slight delay.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

maybe you should a seeting to break it or not :D
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

I liked both the old and the new system.
The new one appears to be better for me.