The demise of Players_Axis,Players_Allies

ET Pro Documentation Project

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers, ET Pro Documentation

bani
Site Admin

The demise of Players_Axis,Players_Allies

Post by bani »

The serverinfo cvars Players_Axis,Players_Allies have been removed from etpro.

Reasons:
The cvars could get very long, in some cases so long that they would overflow the serverinfo string and crash the server.
There was no way to associate spectator client ID#'s with listed players, nor players who had not yet finished connecting.

Solution:
etpro introduces a new cvar which is shorter (so it doesn't overflow the serverinfo string and cause server crashes), easier to parse, and allows for associating player client ID#'s in all cases.

Format:
The new cvar is P, and probably the easiest way to show its usage is by example:

29 frags 30ms bani
106 frags 20ms rain
189 frags 50ms zinx
63 frags 32ms fretn
43 frags 96ms duke'ku
0 frags 999ms ikkyo
100 frags 56ms majikthise
22 frags 108ms boco
31 frags 101ms vio
0 frags 44ms ohayden

P=--------221120111-3

In this case the first 8 server slots are empty (client id 0-7), probably private server slots. bani and rain are client ids 8 and 9, both allies. zinx and fretn are client ids 10 and 11, both axis. duke'ku is allied in client id 12. ikkyo is still connecting in client id 13 and has not been assigned a team yet. majikthise, boco and vio are all axis in slots 14-16. slot 17 is empty. slot 18 is ohayden as spectator.
BzZ^tziek

Post by BzZ^tziek »

Am I right when I presume the following:

The clientid we find in the P var is the same as the id of the player in /players ?

For the old Players_Axis,Players_Allies in rtcw OSP and etmain this wasn't the case. This was the clientnum we find in /serverstatus and add 1. (If i remember correctly)

So therefore my question, how can I link the clientid i get from the P var to the clientnum from /serverstatus? I'm too frikkin lazy to find out myself by trial and erroring.

*needs to rewrite lots of code now :(*
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

clientid in P= is the same as /players
so you can use the # for clientkick etc.
WoodSTokk

Post by WoodSTokk »

The first number in the StatusResponse are the XP from the Player. Not the frags.

In the StatusRespone the Slot# was not included.
Is the sequence of player in the StatusRespone in a fixed order or mixed?

mfG WoodSTokk
Rain

Post by Rain »

Fixed order, lowest to highest player number.

I wrote some example PHP to correlate the player info a while back that might help you.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
WoodSTokk

Post by WoodSTokk »

Oh, thx 4 script :!:
Can i use this script on my website?

mfG WoodSTokk
Rain

Post by Rain »

Sure, I wrote it (originally for Vio, I think) so that it could be easily adapted for others to use.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Rain wrote:Fixed order, lowest to highest player number.

I wrote some example PHP to correlate the player info a while back that might help you.
:shock:

Awesome. I've spent some time hacking around, and I now have an ET Pro 3 server status browser :). I've just finished the server-browser and the server-info pages, see here:

http://www.l3.net.nz/ET/servers.php

( click on any server to access it's info in detail )
Rain

Post by Rain »

Too bad everyone's asleep or at work over there, though... They're all empty right now. :(
MeeZ

Post by MeeZ »

KingJackaL wrote:
Rain wrote:Fixed order, lowest to highest player number.

:shock:

Awesome. I've spent some time hacking around, and I now have an ET Pro 3 server status browser :). I've just finished the server-browser and the server-info pages, see here:

http://www.l3.net.nz/ET/servers.php

( click on any server to access it's info in detail )
That is just BRILLIANT!

Well done m8... Youve done yet another great thing for ET.
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
egbakaet

Need help

Post by egbakaet »

I got everything working great just need to know how to add:

Players: 5/10 (or something)
Punkbuster: No (or Yes)
Password: No ('')
Mod: Etpro (etc.)

Can you tell me what I need to add to that code in order to have these too? Thanks guys!
KingJackaL

Re: Need help

Post by KingJackaL »

egbakaet wrote:I got everything working great just need to know how to add:

Players: 5/10 (or something)
Punkbuster: No (or Yes)
Password: No ('')
Mod: Etpro (etc.)

Can you tell me what I need to add to that code in order to have these too? Thanks guys!
Err, dude. All of those are REALLY REALLY obvious if you look at the getstatus replay packet...
egbakaet

Post by egbakaet »

Ummm, only I'm a noob at php and need the code since I have no idea how to do it... :(
egbakaet

Post by egbakaet »

Don't mean to be a pain, but could someone help me? I really need some help with this cuz I don't know Jack **** about PHP. :( Please?...