banimod / etpro / ettv forums Forum Index banimod / etpro / ettv forums
Bani's Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to read the lagometer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    banimod / etpro / ettv forums Forum Index -> ET Pro Documentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to remember to update my post a bit when I'm coherent. Reading about a week's worth of back forum posts does not do much for one's coherency.
faltytower

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The client system knows the order of snapshots, thus, it retroactively knows when they have been dropped (e.g. if the last valid snapshot was number 8, and the next valid snapshot was number ten, it is safe to say number 9 was dropped), and puts red lines in the lagometer to represent this. See void CG_ProcessSnapshots( void ) in src/cgame/cg_snapshot.c

This is exactly what happens when you scroll the server console... the top portion of the clients lagometer goes yellow (because there are no new snapshots to intererpolate) and the bottom stops advancing.

this probably doesn't belong in the documentation thread....

The process is more asynchronous. Turn on showpackets, showdrop, cg_drawsnapshot. Server and client have to acknowledge each snap sent/recieved. If the client received 10 and acknowledge 8, that's when the server send the notification (in the form of "IP: x #packet loss at recieved time t").
Societal Eclipse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please update this thread to show the new antiwarp graphing? I'm guessing the darker green field above the regular light green is showing how high your ping is faked to while antiwarp is acting. The light green would still be your actual ping regardless of what the server is using for you right?
IdNotFound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Societal Eclipse wrote:
Could someone please update this thread to show the new antiwarp graphing? I'm guessing the darker green field above the regular light green is showing how high your ping is faked to while antiwarp is acting. The light green would still be your actual ping regardless of what the server is using for you right?

Bingo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    banimod / etpro / ettv forums Forum Index -> ET Pro Documentation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: