ET Pro 3.0.10 testbugfix released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

abrrad wrote:Trying to cap fps higher makes mine stop somewhere around 570fps,
Just out of curiousity, what's the l33t hardware combo that gives u 570fps?

RKP
Vinyl

Post by Vinyl »

Ok, I am very busy at work right now so I haven't had the chance to delve deeper into the new settings coming with 3.0.10 so far. Even though some of you might want to kill me since everything should be pretty clear after reading the whole thread, I would like to know the following:
Which settings do I have to set up in the config for a smoothly running server that allows trickjumping?

b_fixedphysics 1 (?)
pmove_fixed 0 (?)
+ b_optimizeprediction (without a value in my client config?)

Thanks for your help :wink:

Regards,
Vinyl
daytroxative

VERY ODD SERVER EXIT

Post by daytroxative »

ok... this is what happened.. i dont know if it is from 3.0.10... and it was very weird and i'm not sure i can exactly explain it but heres what happened....
i was an axis medic.... on battery.... every spawn i'd kill people in a short time frame... maybe about 4-8 each spawn.... constantly shooting very short timeframe between kills.... i walked into a small section in between axis gun controls spawn and the bunker by the assault ramp... the little corridor where people usually gather.....

anyways i was shooting about 3-4 people at the same time... went prone got 2 with headshots... stood up aiming at another coming through the door with someone directly behind him off to the right... it looked like i could shoot both at the same time... and the server kicked me instantly before i got a headshot... it came up with the reconnect box with this error message

"BG_EvaluateTrajectory:unknown trtype: 80"

after i clicked the reconnect i got a common error i forgot what it is exactly but i think it was the 'illegal server message' one... or something like that... i was able to reconnect after closing ET.....

the only thing that was out of the ordinary was me doing exceptionally well handling more than 2-3 people at a time.... i was honestly in every sense of the word "OWNING" and it kinda sucked.... also when it came up with the first message it was instant... i shot and boom... i was disconnect with the first message in the reconnect box...

it really seemed like the exact instant i shot i got booted... like the shot caused it
!DM!Spug

Seems to be a reocurrence of an old bug

Post by !DM!Spug »

i dont know if anyone else has noticed this but the old mine bug seems to be back

i have 3.0.10 installed and working on our server, and it runs fine, but i have noticed that mines when tripped sometimes blow on contact rather than when one walks off them

i have tested this several times and it happens wether or not your carefull, i have managed to difuse at least 3 before the last one blows up in my face.

i do hope you can fix this in the next release or maybe tell me how to fix it as it is truley anoying

forgive my spelling mistakes, hope i got the idea across :P
The Death March Clan
Server IP 67.18.169.115
(no port number!)
abrrad

Post by abrrad »

RoadKillPuppy wrote:
abrrad wrote:Trying to cap fps higher makes mine stop somewhere around 570fps,
Just out of curiousity, what's the l33t hardware combo that gives u 570fps?

RKP
Not leet hardware, but the 1337 combo of b_optimizepredictions and standing inside the small hallways on tc_base :)

And also for the fps-issue i made a list where those fps that have remainder smaller than 0.5 is rounded down (negative error) as it should be according to the text on the site.

Code: Select all

FPS	   ERROR
40	    0
41	    13,17
43	    11,47
45	    6,67
47	   -0,66
50	    0
52	   -13,46
55	    16,82
58	    8,07
62	    3,97
66	   -5,33
71	   -12,58
76	    24,16
83	    20,24
90	    6,67
100	   0
111	  -15,33
125	  -33,6
142	   34,79
166	   20,24
200	   0
250	  -33,6
333	  -90,14
500	   134,8
The site probably gives a lot of correct reasons as to how the "good" fps appear, but the proposed model to calculate it is completely off the mark. These are errorcalculation based on the remainder of gravity/fps...
The site doesn't give any explanation why gravity/fps should be calculated and what it means. Any other calculation involving fps and some other number(s) would give other remainders and other errors.

And as it says in the end of the second posting:
"Notice that these numbers are very near the values that people have found experimentally. This match between theory and experience lends credence to the model used. .........."
.....uhm, no?
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

Trippy wrote:i tested it.

i went axis, clanmate went allieds on radar. he took west parts, i did a shuffle with no amprestart. he stayed in allieds and i in axis but the objective was completely gone and also did not auto-return to the radar like it would do when it is dropped and not picked up.
I imagine one possible solution would be to force all clients to die and then execute the algorithm/code. :lol2: :lol:
ender-wiggin

Post by ender-wiggin »

abrrad wrote:And also for the fps-issue i made a list where those fps that have remainder smaller than 0.5 is rounded down (negative error) as it should be according to the text on the site.
"big list"
Bah! I thought I had this crap figured out adequately but apparently not. Does it matter if the numbers shown above are positive or negative?
Previously I had been capping mine /com_maxfps 76. But after reading this thread and the quake3 site I decided to give 90 a go. 90 worked much better as I was able to actually make jumps I've never been able to do at 76. Switched back to 76, and no love. Someone suggested setting at 72 for a more consistant 76, but I haven't tried it yet.
.:Akingboy:.

Post by .:Akingboy:. »

I putted to my server b_defaultskills 444444 but i soad XP didnt come! And i need XP to get adrenaline for my maniacmansion!!!! Can someone help!

PS. after installing fix server works!