Level 5?

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

Radeon9.8kpunk wrote:kwyjibo, those are some great ideas

it would also be cool for covops to have poison smoke nades!
no it woulnd
jump3r

Post by jump3r »

level 5 medic - can revive and heal underwater :lol: or +30 ammo
level 5 engineer - can select dynamite timer 15-30s, +3 mines
level 5 covert - can spot mines without binoculars for his team
level 5 field - much better ammo packages, can send 2 airstrikes in one time
level 5 battlesense - every class can spot landmine with binoculars like covert
level 5 heavy weap - heavy weaps have higher damage
level 5 light weap - can throw knifes, two types of grenades (timing, touch)
l5 light+heavy weap - can select any other weap (rifle...) - replace slot1 (pistol)
etc. :roll:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

oke other idea how about giving level 5 medic mega health packs (2x as much health)
hiro

Post by hiro »

I had another thought for covert-ops level 5 that is an extension of their existing ability to reveal enemy locations to teammates. This idea came from WWII when the allies were intercepting german transmissions and knew where all the panzer divisions were across Europe.

CO lvl 5 - Espionage: Shows the location of every enemy player currently alive or wounded on the command map, whether they are in or out of sight.
This top-secret information is shared with teammates nearby, much like the field-op 'leadership' skill.
glassjoe

Post by glassjoe »

Those are some great ideas!

This is all I can think of to add to the list of suggestions:

Level 5 Medic - Using binoculars, can call in medic supply planes to drop medic packs on an area.

Level 5 Field Ops- Using binoculars, can call in ammo supply planes to drop ammo packs on an area.

Level 5 Engineer - Sticky bombs - or just grenades that don't bounce (like from saving private ryan)

Level 5 Covert Ops - Can spawn anywhere on map that's outdoors and was previously visited during the current game (as if a plane is dropping the covert behind enemy lines.)
bacon

Post by bacon »

glassjoe wrote:Level 5 Covert Ops - Can spawn anywhere on map that's outdoors and was previously visited during the current game (as if a plane is dropping the covert behind enemy lines.)
How about giving them a weapon sets a drop area?
Kwyjibo

Post by Kwyjibo »

hiro wrote:I had another thought for covert-ops level 5 that is an extension of their existing ability to reveal enemy locations to teammates. This idea came from WWII when the allies were intercepting german transmissions and knew where all the panzer divisions were across Europe.

CO lvl 5 - Espionage: Shows the location of every enemy player currently alive or wounded on the command map, whether they are in or out of sight.
This top-secret information is shared with teammates nearby, much like the field-op 'leadership' skill.
Thats a very good idea..

I was thinking once about a level 5 cov will be able to display every enemy in their view to everyone on their command maps. Also, a very cool feature (allthough really wouldnt work very well with et) is that a covert op can intercept radio signals, and see what the other team is typing or saying, but this wouldnt work too well since most people dont type that much and there is no voice chat.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

bacon wrote:
glassjoe wrote:Level 5 Covert Ops - Can spawn anywhere on map that's outdoors and was previously visited during the current game (as if a plane is dropping the covert behind enemy lines.)
How about giving them a weapon sets a drop area?
that was kinda the idea of my paratrooper player class beeing able to set a drop zone on a outside place on the map

but the ppl will haveto fall down (slowly) so they can be shoot out of the sky (to prevent them from been spawn in the fueldump)
carma3tdr2000

Post by carma3tdr2000 »

here is another idea for engies

my idea is only for the engineer class in the game. the idea is that you can upgrade the ammo and health packs that are used by everybody in the game.

for example: if you have level 2 engineer, then you can go to the ammo packs and construct it and the difference will be that the normal ammo packs (30 bullets) will change to the extended ammo packs (60 bullets) just like the field ops do after they get 1 level of field ops.

also, if you have level 4 of engineer, then when the ammo packs are over or the health packs are over, then you can reconstruct the whole thing for another extra set of ammo and health packs (but the upgrade would be possible to do only once of course)!!

the ammo and health packs would have to be upgraded separately, and the benefits of this idea is that the engie will have another extra set of points in the game to get more xp (since getting xp with engie is not as easy as medic, covert or field op).

or the engie could do all that when he has lvl 5 of engie....but i think it would be better to balance it on lvl 2 and lvl 4 as the original idea
Gstyle

Post by Gstyle »

I think 5levels wouldn't be so n1 because if you go on a public and many people have level 5 it would be very difficult for you to kill someon or cause you will be killed. ATM i think it is realy unfair because of the xp.

Just my opinion.
m242

Uh.

Post by m242 »

Weren't we discussing how to nerf the various classes not so long ago?

That's all we need, are suggestions on how to make the game have more spam, or more useless tricks. Honestly, if an engineer were allowed to select between 15-30 seconds for their dyno, how often would you plant dyno with a 30-second timer? :roll:

Think a little bit, people. How about suggestions that wouldn't totally skew the balance of the game?

Lvl 5 Battle Sense: Spot mines a la cov ops
Lvl 5 Light Weapons: No spread, 5% faster rate of fire
Lvl 5 Heavy Weapons: More ammo
Lvl 5 Soldier: Flak jacket
Lvl 5 Medic: Poison
Lvl 5 Engr: More mines, faster charge
Lvl 5 FOps: "Full" Ammo packs (a la Full Revive)
Lvl 5 Covert: Always show opponent's name at any range, never "Disguised Enemy"
bacon

Re: Uh.

Post by bacon »

m242 wrote:That's all we need, are suggestions on how to make the game have more spam, or more useless tricks. Honestly, if an engineer were allowed to select between 15-30 seconds for their dyno, how often would you plant dyno with a 30-second timer? :roll:
That's why the shorter dyno shouldn't blow up objectives. Only 30s dyno should.
m242

Post by m242 »

bacon wrote:That's why the shorter dyno shouldn't blow up objectives. Only 30s dyno should.
Hurray for completely worthless objects littering the landscape!

:shock:
bacon

Post by bacon »

m242 wrote:
bacon wrote:That's why the shorter dyno shouldn't blow up objectives. Only 30s dyno should.

Erm, you know dynamite can kill people don't you?
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

bacon wrote:
m242 wrote:

Erm, you know dynamite can kill people don't you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL

/me throws a dyna @ bacon, sits and waits for it to kill him.

Yeah, REAL effective weapon that...