Camoflague

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

zero.TA

Camoflague

Post by zero.TA »

What do people think about finding a way to add the ability to "Camoflague" a "Cov Ops" who chooses to be a Sniper not FG42 or Sten.

What I think would be a good idea is that within a map there would be a "zone" where within this zone a pack would lay giving the ability for a Cov Ops to be camoflagued within a certain area around the pack. He could only see this as a sniper and it would be invisible to everybody else even on the opposition side. If he moved outside the zone the camoflague would disappear. and would not be replaced. If however he discarded the camoflague within the zone it would remain if he wanted to return. He would stil have the ability to spot mines but it would only be within his field of vision while he was camaoflgued within the zone. There would only be one pack available on the map and it would placed randomly within the areas set as sniper zones. This would mean that the Cov Ops would have to find the pack not just run to it. I also think that a sniper should be a restricted class much like a Panzer. If you have one sniper then the other cov ops cannot be that at the same time.

He could not call for ammo or for a medic whilst camoflagued and for the period is indeed invisible to players which is what a Sniper would be, however he would be liable to damage from random shots or art/mortars, etc. I also feel his damage ability should be increased just because of the nature of his position. A sniper dosen't use an inferior weapon to snipe with, but once again his weapon is inferior in close combat fights.

I think this would greatly diversify the game play.

Any thoughts from you out there :roll:
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

No.
zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

No.
Typical remark I would expect, I bet your one of these players that refuse to give ammo or helath packs. :P

"I need ammo" - NO! :wink:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

this would change gameplay way too much, i vote no for etpro, maybe for bayonet
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

this would change gameplay way too much
But hasn't ET Pro changed the game from Vanilla ET :?: , perhaps the game needs an Evolution every now and again to keep people interested.

We're quick enough to introduce Clanbase/Savage settings into the game and although they are only cvar settings it does chanage the game play slightly.

If you read the other topics peeps are talking about changing all sorts of things which if adopted change the current game that we play.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yes but those are minor gameplay changes, this (having an invisible sniper) would cause a great deal of change, and imho would not be all that great...
My Website
zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

having an invisible sniper
But he would only be invisible for as long as he had ammo, once he ran out he would have to break cover and then becomes exposed.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

would a fieldops beable to give him ammo there? would he appear invisible from behind? would he appear invisible to his teammates? if he does, would they beable to accidentally shoot him if they went prone behind them and started sniping with their smg?
My Website
zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

would a fieldops be able to give him ammo there
- No - the purpose of assuming the role is that you become invisible to everyone, a sniper would never break cover just to ask for ammo. Like I said once he breaks cover he would lose his camoflague then search again for it before he becomes operational again. I'm not saying it should be like an "ammo cabinet", static in one place but randomly placed within a zone (like a zone round the hill on Fuel Dump). If he wants to spend time looking for it therefore exposing himself even more then so be it.
would he appear invisible from behind? would he appear invisible to his teammates? if he does, would they beable to accidentally shoot him if they went prone behind them and started sniping with their smg?
- Yes - If you were a sniper in real life lying in the snow or up a tree and you were camoflagued should would be liable to fire coming in from all angles. The trick would be (especially in Team Play) to announce that you are in the area. If the opposing team suspect that there is a sniper in the area they can also fire into that area with the hope of hearing the "Hit Sound", then they could actually zero in on his position.

Just seems more realistic to me
Lagger

Post by Lagger »

gotenks wrote:would a fieldops beable to give him ammo there? would he appear invisible from behind? would he appear invisible to his teammates? if he does, would they beable to accidentally shoot him if they went prone behind them and started sniping with their smg?
let me rephrase that:
umm, no.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

TA, I'd have to say NO as well.

The way I look at propositions such as this, or indeed any proposals from any source, is by asking myself the question "would this change improve Stopwatch competition?" I'd have to say the answer to that question in this instance would be "No".

I appreciate that Clanbase settings and other changes have altered the game, but the answer to the above question when considering those changes is "Yes".

So to my mind, if it improves ET as a competitive online game, it goes in ETPro. If it doesn't, but would possibly improve the game in other ways, then BayonET.
SickBoy

Post by SickBoy »

So basicly what you want is the sniper to become invisible so he can snipe the other team who can do nothing about it? AND you want to increase the damage he does?

Imho this is the worst idea yet and I hope/am sure it will never be implemented in any game.

How lame can you get :roll:
kekkyoku

Post by kekkyoku »

zero.TA wrote:
No.
Typical remark I would expect, I bet your one of these players that refuse to give ammo or helath packs. :P

"I need ammo" - NO! :wink:
Ok, I'll elaborate. ET even though slower than RtCW is set apart from other teamgames by its speed. id software games are usually faster multiplayer than the rest and thats why I've been sticking to them for awhile. This sounds more american army'ish or a shrub feature and I dont think it can favor competitive ET at all. Some would argue that I'm for bringing the RtCW sniper back and that would 'slow' it down also. But in the case of the sniper rifle it didnt slow RtCW down and it probably wont be even as effective in ET either since the smg accuracy over long range is ridiculously good.
Abdiel

Post by Abdiel »

I think its better to strengthen the sniper rifle, then to etablish this camo-idea. In ET the covops have the opportunity to disguise, thats also some kind of cover. A second way to hide would be to much of advantage. Imho its better you give him a good rifle and still can see where he's camping.

btw: Its camouflage, like this band of the 80's... ;)
Ein letztes Mal heben sich meine Lider
Mein Leib verheert vom Hieb der Schwerter
Die Sonne entschwindet im blutroten Licht
Ihren letzten Strahl nehm ich mit hinüber...
zero.TA

Post by zero.TA »

Its camouflage
Feckin H8 spell - checkers :lol:

Once again I was bored at work and I love to post ideas that rouse other peeps feelings :twisted:

Still think it's a good idea though :shock: , not necessary for Stopwatch mode but more for Campaigns me thinks