Camoflague

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Nail

Post by Nail »

hmmm, invisible snipers, OMG, arty spam known sniper spots, sniper dead. Now a ghillie suit that worked, I could go for that, in bayonet
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Fark, thought I was reading the BayonET forum for a while....

NO

Leave pub features like this out of ETPro (same as the above replys :roll: ).
Abdiel

Post by Abdiel »

zero.TA wrote:Feckin H8 spell - checkers :lol:
Yeah, especially these foreign ones! Everytime they're crying for better English, but cannot build one simple sentence... :twisted:
Ein letztes Mal heben sich meine Lider
Mein Leib verheert vom Hieb der Schwerter
Die Sonne entschwindet im blutroten Licht
Ihren letzten Strahl nehm ich mit hinüber...
Fade2Black

Post by Fade2Black »

Abdiel wrote:I think its better to strengthen the sniper rifle, then to etablish this camo-idea. In ET the covops have the opportunity to disguise, thats also some kind of cover. A second way to hide would be to much of advantage. Imho its better you give him a good rifle and still can see where he's camping.

btw: Its camouflage, like this band of the 80's... ;)
One reason why the rifle is not so powerful is it tends not to give a noticible muzzel flash (at least to me). You could argue that the rifle may have a flash suppresion system on it which may alter the potential kinetic energy the round has.

Similar to the silencer on the pistol - remove this for better damage?

In thought is the middle weapon of the covert ops (the one with the bad scope) the weapon that does the most long range damage? If so the covert ops have a weapon of range that does more damage - its this. Just you need to have very good skill to use one at range.

No, don't change the damage for this weapon, IMO the sniper rifle is reasonbly adjusted for the benifits of range . accuracy . visibility . capacity of clip. If one was considered then it would have to suck in another way - how about making them single shot bolt rifles? 1 ammo per 'clip'. Possibly case more damage but with less rate of fire per clip.

All the weapons are in balance with others. By increasing one you will have to increase them all. I'll have that 100 m flamethrower then!
coda'uk

Post by coda'uk »

NO.

er, or even, how about removing the cov op class completely? other than for having fun on publics, its fucking useless, weapons are severely weakened and people that camp and snipe are generally a bunch of sad wannabes that never actually do anything to help their team rush objectives.

the one thing i hate most is being on a pub in a team where 2-3 cov ops are running around in enemy uniforms and confusing the fuck out of their own team mates. and when you shoot them they start spamming 'HOLD YOPUR FIRE' and 'I AM A COVERT OP'. are you? well piss off then. if there is no need for one, i.e. fueldump oasis and battery, i couldnt care less if i shot one, they waste server space
Radeon9.8kpunk

Post by Radeon9.8kpunk »

ghillie suit.........
Bandit is looking for a ET Clan!
I am proficient in combat and medical skills
My accurracy is usually around 35-40%
I usually get at least twice as many kills as deaths
glassjoe

Post by glassjoe »

The only way I think camouflage would work is if coverts were hidden from view the same way landmines currently are. That way, when a covert is hidden, an enemy covert with binoculars could say "Sniper spotted, check your command map."

And also, i think you would have to have a full power bar and stay absolutely still in prone position (with sniper zoomed or no weapon at all) for like 5-10 seconds before your camo effect kicks in. That's because a covert shouldn't be able to just run away from the heat of battle, duck behind a corner, and then immediately turn invisible a second later.

Coverts suck... I know. But just as how engineers were much improved in ET from RTCW, it would be cool if something could be done to improve coverts without totally changing ET gameplay.