To: Bani or anyone that may help.

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Demy

To: Bani or anyone that may help.

Post by Demy »

Hello everyone,

I've been playing OC for a longggg time. I've always had 145-150 ping. Its been a year and a half now, and suddenly about two days ago, my ping suddenly rose to 200. It WONT go down. I've tried everything from changing my settings, to going into my config.cfg file. My connection is fine, its how it is always. On another note, i cant find the OC servers listed anywhere in "internet" source. I reinstalled my wolf because i thought that might have something to do with my ping problem..... So i have to connect to OC using the IP addresses in the console.

Anyhow, if anyone knows alot about ping (because i dont) or someone knows why my ping rose by 50 and knows how to change it back please help me. Its really affecting my playing. Thanks so much for anyone that can help.
Demy

Post by Demy »

PS. I forgot to say, i know that i can look for help at many other sources other than the Bani forums.... but because the OC servers aren't showing up on my computer, and my ping is normal on all the other servers, I have a feeling the problem may lie with the OC server itsself? i dont know... im really lost on what to think or do.
[FuN]mazza

Post by [FuN]mazza »

u could try running a tracert to the server (in dos type tracert <ip of server>) could just be that ure hitting some bad servers en route, i know i had that problem with some of the [FuN] servers when my old isp decided to take me the long way, via New York to reach the servers a couple of hundred miles away :? , and i know that several other ppl have had the same problems :?
Demy

Post by Demy »

Its just really hard to kill like i used to. Its instagib so ping kinda does really matter. Hard to kill someone with 50 ping when i have 200:(. I thought i'd go down after a while... but it doesn't..
Demy

Post by Demy »

I have windows XP, and im not that smart on how to use DOS. How can i do the tracert? I dont know anymore i've tried everything, i dont know why my ping has decided to do this on OC.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

start>run>"cmd"
that'll bring up a dos prompt
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
alex247

Post by alex247 »

Demy wrote:Its just really hard to kill like i used to. Its instagib so ping kinda does really matter. Hard to kill someone with 50 ping when i have 200:(. I thought i'd go down after a while... but it doesn't..
:lol: I feel your pain demy! :wink: