Is there a complete list of SDK Bugfixes please ?

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Duchess

Is there a complete list of SDK Bugfixes please ?

Post by Duchess »

Hiya all

Is there a complete list of SDK bugfixes that should be coded in please ?

To explain a little : I am involved in running a rtcw 1.1 server. I have done a few fixes (e.g oversize server commands) but we still have problems with some people who like to spoil it for others and crash the server :( - in particular I noticed that Luigi Auriemma's problem described at http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/q3infoboom-adv.txt
still causes a crash. If anyone could point me to a list of the code changes to strengthen the code base from these sorts of things or could offer advice, I would be most grateful.

Duchess
[/url]
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

AFAIK the infoboom thing is in the engine , so you really can't fix it in gamecode (although I did see someone on the SD forum claim you can fix it in gamecode :?). You could do an in memory patch the same way luigi patches the .exe I suppose.

Once the 2.60 et source comes out, you should be able to backport a lot of the gamecode fixes from that.

There isn't any list (outside of the etpro and 2.6 changlogs, which obviously aren't detailed enough for what you want) that I know of.
send lawyers, guns and money
DG

Post by DG »

rtcw? this is ET forum but hey i guess at least some stuff is going to carry over.

q3infoboom can be fixed on rtcw, or so the jolt rtcw admin was telling me the other day (possible he was meaning he'd sorted it for the ET servers, but i dont think so). he's not online atm so im going to guess it's done via the "universal patcher" on the page you linked.