ET Pro 3.0.15 testbugfix released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET Pro 3.0.15 testbugfix released

Post by bani »

The test bugfix release version 3.0.15 is now available.

This is the final release candidate. If there are no major bugs found in this test release, we will release 3.1.0.

The next full release version of etpro will be 3.1.0, following the new version numbering system

Please test it and post your feedback (good or bad) in this thread.

Most reported bugs from 3.0.13 fixed.
Last edited by bani on Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

you could have added new AC :D
Noobie

Post by Noobie »

Great work, nice new features! And also the scoreboard bug looks gone!
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

still no prone delay :(
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i doubt you'll see a prone delay before the official release... maybe in the next official release (but personally i wouldn't count on it)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

me and someone else had a strange problem today. I run 3.0.15 since this afternoon.

Someone was sitting in the tank and i couldn't hit him. It was caen, and the tank was before the last barrier. I was standing at the right side next to the mg and shot at the player in the tank, but invane... I saw the bullets hit, but i didnt make any damage to him (and i have hitsounds, i would have heard).

A different player had a similar problem on the same map (was on the other team) and he made a demo.

I have a look at his demo, and if its really a strange thing, i post it again.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Mark wrote:Hi,
me and someone else had a strange problem today. I run 3.0.15 since this afternoon.

Someone was sitting in the tank and i couldn't hit him. It was caen, and the tank was before the last barrier. I was standing at the right side next to the mg and shot at the player in the tank, but invane... I saw the bullets hit, but i didnt make any damage to him (and i have hitsounds, i would have heard).

A different player had a similar problem on the same map (was on the other team) and he made a demo.

Greets
Mark
Hit detection on mounted players is really really strange and always was. Your bullets might have been blocked somewhere at the vehicle where it doesn't look like it should be blocked, or you might have aimed not high enough? Unless it suddenly becomes impossible to hit a mounted player even when standing right on top of him, I wouldn't assume that this is a new bug.
todd`

Post by todd` »

Mark wrote:Hi,

Greets
Mark
I was playing on a pub that ran 3.0.13 the other day and had the same problem.. I just shrugged it off.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

I have been recieving many spikes during gameplay with the new release. It will freeze up for a sec. and then start up really slow back to normal. I never had the problem with the other testbug fixes, just this one.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Vegeta wrote:I have been recieving many spikes during gameplay with the new release. It will freeze up for a sec. and then start up really slow back to normal. I never had the problem with the other testbug fixes, just this one.
sounds like punkbuster screenshots to me.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

bani wrote:sounds like punkbuster screenshots to me.
Nope, I haven't taken any screenshots, just keep getting spikes. I'll tell you if it keeps happening tomorrow, but it was pretty bad the tonight. Hope it was just a fluke.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

the server takes screenshots, you have no control over that 8)
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Vegeta wrote:
bani wrote:sounds like punkbuster screenshots to me.
Nope, I haven't taken any screenshots, just keep getting spikes. I'll tell you if it keeps happening tomorrow, but it was pretty bad the tonight. Hope it was just a fluke.
PunkBuster Screenshots is a server-side configuration. It takes automatic screenshots of your screen from time to time and uploads it to the server as a cheat prevention/checking tool.

To check if the server has it on, please type /pb_cvarval pb_sv_autoss to check that variable value on the server. A value of 1 means it is ON, and 0 that it is OFF.
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Deus

Post by Deus »

IdNotFound wrote: To check if the server has it on, please type /pb_cvarval pb_sv_autoss to check that variable value on the server. A value of 1 means it is ON, and 0 that it is OFF.
Only works when serveradmin has set pb_sv_cqc to 1
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

[pH*Deus] wrote:Only works when serveradmin has set pb_sv_cqc to 1
Does anyone actually change that do 0? Never seen it before...
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff