ET Pro 3.0.15 testbugfix released

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

DG

Post by DG »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:you could have added new AC :D
fwiw perhaps its better to retain AC's for official releases, since otherwise cheaters update hacks and its no longer detected by the time the version comes out that leagues and 90% of publics will be using.

of course this only applies to AC updates that dont work with the official releases, and then theres the problem of testing for false positives etc..
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

I looked at the /pb_cvarval pb_sv_autoss and it gives a doesn't have a value set. BTW, this is the server I run. I look all over for the pb screenshots and nothing is there on the server. So I don't believe it would be that.
Ragnarok|GER

Post by Ragnarok|GER »

Spark2 wrote:
Mark wrote:Hi,
me and someone else had a strange problem today. I run 3.0.15 since this afternoon.

Someone was sitting in the tank and i couldn't hit him. It was caen, and the tank was before the last barrier. I was standing at the right side next to the mg and shot at the player in the tank, but invane... I saw the bullets hit, but i didnt make any damage to him (and i have hitsounds, i would have heard).

A different player had a similar problem on the same map (was on the other team) and he made a demo.

I have a look at his demo, and if its really a strange thing, i post it again.

Greets
Mark
Hit detection on mounted players is really really strange and always was. Your bullets might have been blocked somewhere at the vehicle where it doesn't look like it should be blocked, or you might have aimed not high enough? Unless it suddenly becomes impossible to hit a mounted player even when standing right on top of him, I wouldn't assume that this is a new bug.
i think the reason for this bug are the models. as far as i know, tanks are models, not just brushes with textures on it. same as other models like tank barriers, cps etc.
and guess what? this bug appears at tankbarriers, too.
i remember a clanwar when an allied engineer was planting dynamite at the barrier and i stood next to him. i wasted about 30 bullets on him without hit..
same at oasis the oasis commandpost. i couldn't gib a player with a whole smg-magazine.
is there a way to fix this?
Deus

Post by Deus »

Vegeta wrote:I looked at the /pb_cvarval pb_sv_autoss and it gives a doesn't have a value set. BTW, this is the server I run. I look all over for the pb screenshots and nothing is there on the server. So I don't believe it would be that.
They are in the .etwolf/pb/svss directory if server takes screenshots
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

nothing there

I think it was just a fluke, I was playing today and didn't have the spikes during gameplay.
Deathlike M. Tito

Post by Deathlike M. Tito »

got one! sometimes when u respawn with a rifle as enginier, u cant place a bomb on a rifle. it get fix only when u respawn. and it can hapends a few times in one map.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Deathlike M. Tito wrote:got one! sometimes when u respawn with a rifle as enginier, u cant place a bomb on a rifle. it get fix only when u respawn. and it can hapends a few times in one map.
admin has limited rifle grenades on you.

not a bug. it's server admin's decision.
IdNotFound

Post by IdNotFound »

Not a .15 bug, but it is an old bug that I heard that zinx would fix it (I saw him on a pub saying that, back on the 2.1 testing iirc), but like the b_tracers 2 from Rain, it got forgotten :(

When you get swapped on a SW rotation, in case you were an Engineer using a Rifle Grenade, you will spawn with a SMG by default. :(
Image nZ/IdNotFound
NaZGûL TeaM Leader
SAWL Tech Staff
Deathlike M. Tito

Post by Deathlike M. Tito »

bani wrote:
Deathlike M. Tito wrote:got one! sometimes when u respawn with a rifle as enginier, u cant place a bomb on a rifle. it get fix only when u respawn. and it can hapends a few times in one map.

it hapents in the time of war. i was the only engenier in my team. it hapends on deferent servers a few times. dont know if it is a bug, but it is annoying. :evil:
Deus

Post by Deus »

demo available so the coders may have a look ?
[Koff3]ArseMeister

Post by [Koff3]ArseMeister »

Deathlike M. Tito wrote:r. i was the only engenier in my team.
Sounds like sticky charge bar?! :roll:
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

yep, could be sticky charge too.

not a bug
Lofi

Post by Lofi »

just want to mention an "unbeautyness" which has always been there, maybe you want to fix it. it's the keyboard setting for panzer. when you get level 4 and with it your machine gun, no matter what you do you can only switch between panzer and gun with the default key "3". every time you respawn on the same map you got level 4. then in the next map this phenomenon is fixed and the mg is on key "2" and the panzer on key "3".
Redwing

Post by Redwing »

I think this is actually a bug in ETMain? If you switch weapon from it and then back to it it should load the grenade like normal. It usually happens when you get killed while loading or just shooting a rifle nade, for me. I'll demo all my games from now in case it happens again but it really is like once every blue moon it happens.
Willstar

Post by Willstar »

Deathlike M. Tito wrote:
bani wrote:

it hapents in the time of war. i was the only engenier in my team. it hapends on deferent servers a few times. dont know if it is a bug, but it is annoying. :evil:
i have this often
in clanwar and public
it always happens when i change the class fast before the spawn
and sometimes after the spawn

full charge bar and everything ok dont know but i think its a bug