Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET Pro 3.1.0 Released!

Post by bani »

ET Pro 3.1.0 is officially released!

You can download the new version here.

This release follows the new official version numbering scheme, which makes 3.1.0 an official production release and not a 'testbugfix' version.

The list of changes is long and extensive and can be found here.
Last edited by bani on Wed May 25, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[2nr]Wags

Post by [2nr]Wags »

Good news indeed, ty Bani. Been looking forward to a couple of the new features :)

Wags
[2nr]Wags
V6.Sven

Post by V6.Sven »

Nice work. I'm glad the whole testbufix age is over. I hope the leagues will pick up this new version very soon.

Maybe it's a good idea to repack the zip and to include the ui_mp_x86.dll and cgame_mp_x86.dll(and their linux counterparts). I know they are in the etpro-3_1_0.pk3 but some people who don't know that might search for them.
erazer33

Post by erazer33 »

good job guys, as usual :thumbs: :bows:
I'm a signature virus. Spread the disease, copy me!
kropa

Post by kropa »

Awesome :) Thx god for pronedelay :)
When you kill 6 people in Unreal Tournament it is "MonsterKill", in Quake3 it is "Excellent", in Counter-Strike it is "Kicked by console"
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

Sweet :).

I'll be haXing up config's, then getting it on the 3 pubs I look after ASAP.

Plus, we'll be able to start season3 of our league now ( I was waiting on etpro3.1, cos I get the fps bug and I'm a prick like that :twisted: ).

Har harrrrr! I'd rate this as by far the best etpro release yet, nice n stable. Well done ET Pro team :).
DSky.kotkis

Post by DSky.kotkis »

b_pronedelay (default 0, disabled) - millseconds to freeze player on prone transitions. A value of 600 defeats the "bugprone" script entirely.
This one is interesting, since the whole script is a joke. It was originally a speed jump script that instead of jumping goes prone, and therefore it's just plain _useless_. No bugged hitboxes, no faster prone, it just adds a small delay so you can't shoot right away. It's hilarious to see people talking about who uses it and who doesn't, and whether it's a cheat or not. I can't wait to see if some of the major ET leagues decide to make it even more hilarious by trying to ban an useless script :) (I know TWL had this brought up at some point, but they lacked the resources at the moment)
Thrice

Post by Thrice »

wd on the release bani, going to update servers now yay :D
Mark

Post by Mark »

Would be great, if the example.cfg would be updated too.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Great work Bani and Co, I look forward to ckecking this out :)

Is there anymore you can do with ET PRO now as with this release there can't be much left to improve or fix, or is it ET TV overdrive now?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

DSky.kotkis, you have a PM.

and please correct your email address in your profile.
DSky.kotkis wrote:It's hilarious to see people talking about who uses it and who doesn't, and whether it's a cheat or not.
It might have been a great joke to you, but it ended up being a colossal waste of time for me -- time that could have been better spent on ETTV, but instead ended up delaying ETTV on this stupid issue.
Noobie

Post by Noobie »

DSky.kotkis wrote:
b_pronedelay (default 0, disabled) - millseconds to freeze player on prone transitions. A value of 600 defeats the "bugprone" script entirely.
This one is interesting, since the whole script is a joke. It was originally a speed jump script that instead of jumping goes prone, and therefore it's just plain _useless_. No bugged hitboxes, no faster prone, it just adds a small delay so you can't shoot right away. It's hilarious to see people talking about who uses it and who doesn't, and whether it's a cheat or not. I can't wait to see if some of the major ET leagues decide to make it even more hilarious by trying to ban an useless script :) (I know TWL had this brought up at some point, but they lacked the resources at the moment)
The people wanted the people got....
DG

Post by DG »

Last edited by DG on Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shy

Post by Shy »

lol, pwned imo
Durinia

Post by Durinia »

DSky.kotkis wrote: This one is interesting, since the whole script is a joke. It was originally a speed jump script that instead of jumping goes prone, and therefore it's just plain _useless_. No bugged hitboxes, no faster prone, it just adds a small delay so you can't shoot right away. It's hilarious to see people talking about who uses it and who doesn't, and whether it's a cheat or not. I can't wait to see if some of the major ET leagues decide to make it even more hilarious by trying to ban an useless script :) (I know TWL had this brought up at some point, but they lacked the resources at the moment)
Ya, we looked at it, and said "wait, this doesn't do anything useful" and that was that. :D