Looking for a few good matches

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Looking for a few good matches

Post by bani »

I'm looking for a few good matches for the first public beta tests of ETTV.

Requirements:
  • clan match server must be linux, and server admin must be able to run our supplied ettv.x86 in place of etded.x86.
  • clan match server must have a good ping to the broadcast server, server ip TBD soon.
  • we will try a delayed feed, but if it fails we will fall back to a live non-delayed broadcast and the teams must be ok with that.
Last edited by bani on Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N{3}XuS

Post by N{3}XuS »

Try my server linux (gentoo) dual xeon 3.0 2GB Ram connection 100mbps KpnQwest Italia datacenter (international carrier KPNeurorings and Global Crossing)

IP 62.173.160.231 or
IP 62.173.160.223 or
IP 62.173.160.96
Knox

Post by Knox »

TWL is in the middle of their playoffs for both the Alpha and Beta leagues. I am certain that there are several games worthy of ETTV-ing and many teams who would be willing to participate. (That is of course assuming that the broadcast server gets a reasonable ping to any of these match servers). Depending on how quickly you want to test, there are playoff matches every Monday for the next few weeks.
meLonF

Post by meLonF »

bani, are you looking for a high profile match (e.g the final of a big tournement) or are you looking for more of an exhibition match?

because if its an important competition match, then this
we will try a delayed feed, but if it fails we will fall back to a live non-delayed broadcast and the teams must be ok with that.
could be a problem in an important match

personally, i would think another Europe vs USA game would be the perfect way for the first live run of ET TV, cause there will be a lot of interest but its not an important competition match 8)
Durinia

Post by Durinia »

Knox wrote:TWL is in the middle of their playoffs for both the Alpha and Beta leagues. I am certain that there are several games worthy of ETTV-ing and many teams who would be willing to participate. (That is of course assuming that the broadcast server gets a reasonable ping to any of these match servers). Depending on how quickly you want to test, there are playoff matches every Monday for the next few weeks.
bani, if you'd like to do this, pm me on freenode or email me (durinia@teamwarfare.com). I admin a dallas server which should ping well to just about anywhere - and I'm sure we could arrange for matches on said server, either for league playoffs, or ladder matches (if you wanted to do them more than 1x a week)

D
spoon

Post by spoon »

You might want to check with some of the teams that have been eliminated from the TWL playoffs and see if they'd be interested in doing a few exhibition matches.

I'm also thinking that if you get in touch with the KP/TX/DdC/RH keiretsu they should be able to field a couple of teams for test matches pretty easily.

I would volunteer my server, but I can't imagine that you're going to run into a shortage of offers for that. :)
Dogwood

Post by Dogwood »

Your going to have to have Command Line Access to start the server with that new .x86.
Most don't have that kind of access.
BBr|ET Clan Leader
BroadbandReports.com
gL1tch

Post by gL1tch »

ascend's match this week for cal preseaon is available. We have root to our server. 100mbit shell. with plenty of resources running freeBSD.

irc.gamesurge.net #ascend ... pm me if your intrested.

dallas location.
NOYB

Post by NOYB »

Bani, I'd like to give this a try with our upcoming match.

Greater Than vs Friction

I have shell access to the match server.
faltytower

Post by faltytower »

NOYB wrote:Bani, I'd like to give this a try with our upcoming match.

Greater Than vs Friction

I have shell access to the match server.
If all 6 members of f' start fighting only with knives, dynamites, or satchel charges, I am so tuning out (assuming *> is awarded the test contract).
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Yes please no Knife fight like last week :)
NOYB

Post by NOYB »

I was afraid that would come up. And since I have no idea how serious friction is about the pending match; I can't say I'd blame you for not using our match as a test.

For what it's worth, we (*>) are preparing as if it was a normal match.
Spoofeh

Re: Looking for a few good matches

Post by Spoofeh »

bani wrote:server admin must be able to run our supplied ettv.x86 in place of etded.x86.
Is that going to be a requirement for the finished ETTV?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

yes, ettv is a drop-in replacement for etded.x86. along with the ability to broadcast matches, you get server bugfixes too 8)
neobsen

Post by neobsen »

Hi, i would like to beta test et-tv

my server ips:
82.211.37.63:28004 neobsen.de *|* Skill Paradise *|* powered by www.proplay.de
82.211.37.91:28001 neobsen.de *|* SkillParadise2 *|* powered by www.proplay.de

i'm able to change the servers to run with ettv.x86