ET TV for Saturday, August 7, 2004

ET Related Events Announcements

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Trippy

Post by Trippy »

ill be watching tomorrow (if there are no complications that is) and ill see if it's possible to make a demo out of it.
Last edited by Trippy on Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Mark wrote:Can someone make some ET-TV demos...?

I'm also not available at that time and would love to see the game and how it looked like with ET-TV.

Would be nice, if someone would post some links afterwards in here...

Greets
Mark
The match will probably be recorded as a literal ETTV demo as well—that is, it'll probably be replayed a few times afterwards, so you'll still be able to watch it with ETTV even if your timezone sucks. :) (It'll be Almost as Good as the Real Thing™)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

Rain wrote:The match will probably be recorded as a literal ETTV demo as well—that is, it'll probably be replayed a few times afterwards, so you'll still be able to watch it with ETTV even if your timezone sucks. :) (It'll be Almost as Good as the Real Thing™)
Does that mean that demos which are recorded on ETTV servers contain the complete player information and not just the information about objects you can (potentially) see as client?
Rain

Post by Rain »

*BiO*Tron wrote:Does that mean that demos which are recorded on ETTV servers contain the complete player information and not just the information about objects you can (potentially) see as client?
Demos recorded on the servers themselves, yes. Demos recorded as a client connected to an ETTV server, no.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

is there allready more clearence about the ip? or info at what time the ip can be expected to be made public?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Rain wrote:
*BiO*Tron wrote:Does that mean that demos which are recorded on ETTV servers contain the complete player information and not just the information about objects you can (potentially) see as client?
Demos recorded on the servers themselves, yes. Demos recorded as a client connected to an ETTV server, no.

Woohoo, sounds great. How big are those in size?

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Mark wrote:
Rain wrote:

Woohoo, sounds great. How big are those in size?

Greets
Mark
don't think you can give an estimate of that, normal match demos can also range from 1 mb in size to 30 mb in size, depending on how long a war takes and probably also how heavy the load is.
Rain

Post by Rain »

The four demos I have handy (from a 24-person pub) range from 4.7mb to 17mb.

I'm planning on reworking the compression code to hopefully reduce that more, but I've put it off for the moment because of the test this weekend and because real life keeps interrupting me.
Cartman

Post by Cartman »

öh where I can download ETTV ?
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Just connect to the server. :E
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

ettv is serverside, don't have to download anything.. right?
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

^^ correct

Wonder how many servers will be available as there are >650 people in #atlantic-battle on Quakenet :?
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

well, after a few teething problems, not a bad show at all - I'll not deny it was a little laggy. But I don't think anyone went in expecting it to be perfect on the first major trial.

Personally I found the experience much better having turned off 2D elements (which also cuts out all the irritating viewer-spam) and free-viewing my way around the maps.

Well done Bani and team, and thanks also to the crew at ITG.

Very much looking forward to the next bash,

Smokey.
l30

Post by l30 »

Yeah, it wasn't bad at all for a first massive test.

BTW,
It was a live broadcast? or the delay worked at the last moment?
Ruski

Post by Ruski »

Did somebody record it?