ET-TV and other mods

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kendle

ET-TV and other mods

Post by Kendle »

I seem to remember reading somewhere that ET-TV was designed to act independently of ETPro, i.e. could work with other mods.

I'm thinking ETF (due to be released tomorrow) is probably the first ET mod that might actually take off. To be considered a serious contender for competition it needs a TV system, just as ET always did.

Will ET-TV support ETF?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

the question is more of will ETF support ETTV... ETPro had to be changed to work with ETTV (etmain works with ettv, and shrubet should work with ettv) so there is possibilities that ETF has been made incompatible... but it should work
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
fretn

Post by fretn »

gotenks wrote:the question is more of will ETF support ETTV... ETPro had to be changed to work with ETTV (etmain works with ettv, and shrubet should work with ettv) so there is possibilities that ETF has been made incompatible... but it should work
etf is based on etmain

so ... ?
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

Not that I've any personal enthusiasm for playing ETF btw, just some of my clan-mates might, and it looks to me like the only mod so far that hasn't been either released at the wrong time (Wolftactics v ET), made for the wrong engine (DeGeneration made for RTCW instead of ET) or in direct competition with a far superior game (TC:Elite v CS:S), so, er, this one might actually survive for more than a couple of weeks :shock:
DG

Post by DG »

there's been the odd comment involving ettv on the etf forums, the impression i got was they'll be trying to get ettv working for it, either in tomorrows 1.0 version or sometime later (i assume the later).

fwiw,
ETF will survive depending on how the Q3F crowd take to it, what the ET community thinks of it will merely influence how much bigger their existing scene might get. The usual mod rules dont really apply, this mod is looking to the fanbase of it's predecessor, not those on the game engine that it is built on. I dont think the etf devs will be remotely interested in the usual whine that come from etplayer when faced with something new and/or different, they'll look to the hardcore Fortress players.
sponge

Post by sponge »

Mod's out. Any initial reports on how it works?

DG: I think it's fair to say that the ET mod community will break all the standard happenings by virtue that it's free. So far it's doing <a href="http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.a ... =1">pretty good</a> and ASE seems to report similar numbers, so it's pretty accurate.