Some Problems with beeing Slave

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Bigdaddy

Some Problems with beeing Slave

Post by Bigdaddy »

When i try to be a Slave-Server i get following error:

ERROR: Couldn't load an official pak file; verify your installation and make sure it has been updated to the latest version.

I have reinstalled ETTV (no pak3 oO) and ETPRO.. ET itselfs cannot be it (i think) cuz all servers running with this installation works without problems..

Can someone help me plz?

Greez Bigdaddy
KingJackaL

Post by KingJackaL »

What's your command line for starting it up?

Make sure you set the correct fs_game, and if you do an exec on the command line, try adding the '.cfg'.
Bigdaddy

Post by Bigdaddy »

./ettv.x86 +set net_ip 213.131.235.242 +set net_port 27890 +exec etscene_ettv.cfg +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set com_zonemegs 32 +set fs_basepath /usr/local/games/enemy-territory +set fs_homepath /usr/local/games/enemy-territory/s_ettv +set fs_game etpro +tv connect xxx xxxx xxxx

same fs_game (etpro both v3.1.0)
Conzy

Post by Conzy »

Try to reinstal your ET.
zinx

Post by zinx »

Bigdaddy wrote:./ettv.x86 +set net_ip 213.131.235.242 +set net_port 27890 +exec etscene_ettv.cfg +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set com_zonemegs 32 +set fs_basepath /usr/local/games/enemy-territory +set fs_homepath /usr/local/games/enemy-territory/s_ettv +set fs_game etpro +tv connect xxx xxxx xxxx

same fs_game (etpro both v3.1.0)
DO NOT SET HOMEPATH AND BASEPATH UNLESS YOU AT LEAST KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SET THEM TO (hint: YOU GOT IT WRONG)
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/