Enemy Territory making the angles appear????

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Capcom

Enemy Territory making the angles appear????

Post by Capcom »

After having gone over several defrag/quake forums I found out that some trickjumpers use a special hud that shows the angles they make during their jumps. With it you can ofcourse attain more perfect form and thus higher speeds. The command they are referring to in quake is the df_chsx command. Since the engines for ET and quake are both the same I was wondering if I too could perhaps mysteriously let these angles appear. Would be very handy when doing beatstrafes downhill in ET. I can already do the continued downhill beatstrafes but I am sure with such a hud onscreen I would get even higher speeds on my speedometer(deviously smiling and looking at that 1000UPS barrier i can't seem to cross).

I already asked this question on www.etscene.de and there they referred me to here and this is what the guy said,
According to Bani, the developer of ETPro, the new trickjumping features should be avaible in ETPRO 3.1.0.
Actually, i allready tested the features. You may enable them by using a specific cvar, but i cant remember the name. Maybe you should ask Bani at his messageboard at bani.anime.net/forums/
so how about it, does it exist or not???

I am anxious to hear your replies,

kind regards,

Capcom
________
starcraft 2 replay
Last edited by Capcom on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nail

Post by Nail »

ya posted in the wrong spot, but read this
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Capcom

Post by Capcom »

I already kinda knew about these lines, they can also be brought up through the ingame menu. No what I meant was really something like speedometer popping up but this time to show you the angles you are facing.
________
GM Vortec engine history
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

the trickjump lines are the only things done (iirc) by the etpro team to help with trick jumping... oh that and the ups meter
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Capcom

Post by Capcom »

Well you don't really have that much to learn from these lines, all you can do is look at it after you have done the jumps, in quake players get the angles in realtime on a hud similar to speedometer, thats alot more usefull than a bunch of stupid lines you can see onscreen after you have done the deed, wouldn't you say:LOL:

They decide to give quake players a nifty tool like this and what do us hybrid offspring ET players get........ grrrmmpf :?
________
Ford GT90 picture
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

iirc, you can download the lines
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?