the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart...

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Are medics and engineers not used that often any more?

yes! i hate it when i have 17 health and no one is there to help me!
53%
i still see "engies" on secondary obj. maps. but where are the meds?
11%
medics and engineers not being used? since when?
32%
its the other classes that arent getting enough attention!
No votes
i dont give a Nazis' *** about medics or engies
5%

Total votes: 19

The Big Bad Cow

the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart...

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

spys, Commanding Officers, scouts, and lieutenants. l i see most banimod servers full of them, and nothing more. the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart with these new classes, and i hate it. this is most evident on budget internet servers, with the shotgun enabled. bani, i think you should follow activision's new engineer ideas and work on aditions for the other classes so that the new banimod wolf has that same teamwork-based combat it originaly had. i propose to give more stuff to the medics, they are in need of aid most of all (ironic, isnt it? :D ). we need to brainstorm and come up with something that will bring medics (and mabey engineers a little) back on to the battlefield! i hope everyone will agree with me on this, to some extent.

lets hear everyone's comments and/or suggestions!
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

The only thing i dont like, is when i'm ally on beach and i'm the only engineer out of 16!!!
yag si yennek
The Big Bad Cow

thats the point im trying to show
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Cow its not only the classes, i have to admit myself i have a bad habit of thinking i can do it all solo.....I really need to work on remembering that its the teams goal to win not yours. But i think the other problem that is when I try to assemble team plans the OTHERs just don't cooperate well. I am probably the best lieutenant on budget internet ammo wise, i drop all 5 packs of ammo the second i spawn for my teammates, and i leave trails everywhere i go where my teammates are likely to pick it up, im also quick to give ammo to any medics or snipers.

Everyone out there that plays lieutenant alot, shame on you if you drop ammo for yourself first thing. Think about this the next time you go lieutenant, you start with 2 magazines which you will probably die before using. And if you don't??? YOUR A LIEUTENANT, your the only class that can afford to run out of ammo. I wish it that you dropped ALL of your initial ammo for your teammates and the needy. Keep in mind the medics only get a single magazine to start with, even if they are modest and dont ask for ammo when you by, give it to them anyway..theres a good chance they can put use to it. You wouldn't believe how fast a good lieutenant can rack up points, even more so with a sten.

And whats worse than a lieutenant that doesn't drop ammo? A lieutenant that picks up ammo laying on the ground when there are medics and engineers trailing behind him, come on guys!!! If you don't need it don't take it because I guarentee there are much more needy players out there.

As for medics you guys got it easy, drop some med packs in deep areas where people get hurt alot, nothing is more pleasant than running into war room with 23 health and finding that a thoughtful medic has left a pile of health packs for you. When you see someone fighting, dont wait for them to die so you can go revive them, give them some meds!!! A duel can be very easy when you have a good medic healing you through it. And ofcourse, revive your buddies...but don't leave them hanging with 60 health so they can go get shot up again.

Engineers, it is very annoying when i watch an engineer mindlessly run up to a door and just start plantying dynamite. YOU GOT 8 GRENADES, USE THEM. Snipe anyone you see in the area with your SMG, and toss some no-wait grenades in hot spots to scare off your enemy. Ever notice how when you plant dynamite it sais you planted dynamite NEAR the door? You don't have to plant it smack dab on the door, just find an easy place to safely plant the dynamite near the door. And after that you don't have to go on a suicide run to change classes, help your team and plant some dynamite near the spawn flag or in the objective room.....never know when it will save your team.

Soldiers.....uhh....im not usualy a soldier but i guess all you really gotta do is kill people :wink:

Banimod classes can be fun but in honesty they aren't always the most helpful to your team, you also don't want to become fully reliant on banimod to play wolfenstein.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
ZarkingFardwarks

class balance

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

i've seen teams do really well using half and half, for example on beach, once the allies blow the door and breach there is no point for engineers anymore unless you want to try to blow up axis with shootable dynamite. soldiers too, might as well just be LT and have the extra features if all you would carry is an mp40 etc. sure the classes can get overused but when was the last time you saw an entire team of spies running around? that would be an insane game

people i see on the budget servers have some sense of what's going on, usually i see one spy per team, if that. mostly it's LT's, because people like me who suck at aiming and stuff blow through a whole clip to shoot one person. i admit i hog my first two packs of ammo to load up but that's just force of habit basically, if i respawn and see a medic in the spawn group i give him ammo or try (they run away =)

the shotgun is cool but i don't really see it being abused, unless you're face to face with someone it doesn't do much, and if the other player is decent shotgunner is gonna get mowed anyway. the other features of the CO i've barely ever seen used.
bani
Site Admin

Re: the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart...

Post by bani »

The Big Bad Cow wrote:the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart with these new classes, and i hate it. this is most evident on budget internet servers, with the shotgun enabled.
i disagree totally. the teamwork (if it ever really existed) is still there. the shotgun doesnt really change anything either. we did a lot of playtesting to ensure that.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

The shotgun makes my chances of escape from the basement about 25% of what it used to be, i mean with scout i would usualy get shot a bit but still be able to run out of it all, with the shotgun your just totaled, there is no second chance...

I think teamwork is an issue on budget internet bani, but I don't blame the classes....I think your server just naturally attracts n00bs and lesser skilled :roll:
I am Ph0g, you are not.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Budget Internet 1 & 2 are the servers where I live. :)

Although people love to be the CO and Lieuts are popular, I dont seem to have a problem with allies on beach. Most people are pretty good about bein engineers at the beginning, then switching to their beloved CO or Lieutenant. I do agree tho, that the medic is used much less and less. I personally like to be a medic when on allies: You grab the docs, maybe get shot up a little bit, but who cares? youve got 120+ health, and you revive!! by the time you run into any more axis guys, your already back at full health! I will agree that the revive feature has kinda lost its appeal, I mean, spawn times are nothing any more (what 15 seconds) and people have no patience to wait for a medic to walk over to them (which medics dont seem to do anyway. Other people mostly prefer to be their CO with a shotgun. Ive got nothing against the shotgun, but the best team is one that has a balance between each class of player (obviously, thats the way it was intended)

theres my like 200 cents worth :wink:
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

If an admin does not see many folks using Medic, increase spawn time.

Medic becomes very popular then. I think team will not go to limbo so quick then :twisted:
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

i am the ultimate asshole. if i see everyone being a dickhead spy or co or scout on our servers and not functioning as a teammate while on my team i kick people. of course it is the kick u can return on quickly but chances are the server is full and u wont come back quickly. look i dont want to play on a server where dorks run around stabbing people when they should be blowing crap up. like flooded town why the hell would anyone be a spy there? or if ur playing allies on tank why would u be a spy there? i am one of the best spys however i get the concept of teamwork. i dont get why dorks get a score on beach of 2 or less thru the whole game. here is a team work check. if ur final score is consistently below 7 then ur net helping ur team. of course this can be debated but that is a general rule of thumb.

i am trying to get people to pull their heads out not place them further in thier butts. if u want to play with ur head up ur butt go play on the =swat=goldrush server where u can be an individual and a point whore. on that server it pays off. if u come on =swat=objective and i am there expect that i demand u to think of ur team first and ur shotgun last. if the team needs medics go medic. if we need engs like on base drop ur spy scout and co and be an eng. i cant stand anyone who doesnt get the fact that u need engs on tram for both axis and allies until everything is blown up.

we dont see the lamo ?'s as much anymore. i am super thankful of that. however step up ur game and play as a team. ever wonder why i get high scores and my team wins or bani's team wins. ITS CALLED TEAMWORK. this is also the number one reason why =swat= doesnt add very many people. everyone that wants to join doesnt know the definition of TEAMWORK. great thread COW however it is the players that create the teamwork not the mod. So players listen up get on ur game and think about what u can do to help ur team not how can i play with the latest and greatest toy bani gave me.

Too much of a good thing is never bad however to many lamos is.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

I agree with kenny, you can't blame the lack of teamwork on the mod, it is the stubborn players that are to be blamed. When I am a medic i put reviving people as my first priority, healing people as my second, and killing as my third. But the thing that drives me away from being a medic is not the spawn time, it is the fact that none of the stupid lieutenants on bani's server give out ammo. The game isn't much fun when you only have 1 magazine per run. Although one time i got out onto the beach as axis and got 5 kills with my luger by hiding behind that flipped boat.

So since medic doesn't work out, I usualy go lieutenant since engineers don't seem to have as much advantage and I don't like all the big weapons soldiers use. But unlike all the other LTs that are just LTs so they can give themselves ammo, I usualy rack up 10-15 points in an 8 minute game just from giving out ammo. Most of those n00bs never end up using the 2 magazines they started with before they die anyway, such a waste....

To all the LTs out here, this is some food for thought. Giving your teammates ammo is like killing an enemy without risking getting shot at. You get points for it and the people you give the ammo to will now be enabled to go out there and rip up your enemy, and above all you will be well respected by keeping your team together and destroying the worry of running out of ammo all together (except for on those rare rambo runs when you manage to use up 4 whole mags and kill like 10 people).
I am Ph0g, you are not.
The Big Bad Cow

sorry, but i totally disagree with ALL of you. have any of you played on any regular servers latly? of corse not! banimod is too damn good! but, i went on several normal servers when i reinstaled wolf on my new cpu because i was too lazy to hunt for the banimod servers. boy, was there a difference! several times we had too many medics! this was on different servers, mind you! the new classes are great, but it gives players more excuses to not be meds, and then their sence of teamwork is dulled, and everyone tries to be a loner.

nothing was more fun to me than plotting a huge, coordinated attack with other people in wolf... and then kicking the shit out of the other team. :P :twisted: i havent done that in the longest time ...
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

Im up for that! now we just need the vet server to open up.........
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Cow I think that alot of the people on banimod are just plain dumb and that you can't blame the bani classes for lack of teamwork. The extra classes serve great tactical use in different situations but none of them can be used all the time like the regular classes, except for maybe the spy but after a while people figure him out too.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:i am the ultimate asshole.
Isn't RtCW a game????????????????????????????????????????????
Y'all are WAY TOO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!

That is why I have cut way back on my online play. There are way too many people who take this game way too seriously. I have gotten real tired of the constant kick votes, bitching and other crap on many servers.

GET A LIFE OUTSIDE THE GAME!!!!!!!
Be seeing you!