the old, classic wolf teamwork is falling apart...

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Are medics and engineers not used that often any more?

yes! i hate it when i have 17 health and no one is there to help me!
53%
i still see "engies" on secondary obj. maps. but where are the meds?
11%
medics and engineers not being used? since when?
32%
its the other classes that arent getting enough attention!
No votes
i dont give a Nazis' *** about medics or engies
5%

Total votes: 19

Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Isn't RtCW a game????????????????????????????????????????????
Poker's a game too. But you dick around at the table and someone's gonna get hurt.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Der Kammisar wrote:
Isn't RtCW a game????????????????????????????????????????????
Poker's a game too. But you dick around at the table and someone's gonna get hurt.
How much money have you won or lost playing RtCW???
Be seeing you!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

And you've missed the point...
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

the point is that, yes some :::ahem::: i mean many people are assholes on wolf, but it really seems like it wasnt as bad as it was before! cant anyone else besides me remember what it was like when wolf was still a new game?

look, im fine if you all still think im wrong, but lets get back to my original request: give meds somthing so people will use them more! my newest idea is combines the ideas of dart guns and poison syringes to produce...dramitic pause... THE POISON DART GUN!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ( if you guys want to be asses you can give this to the spy instead...) i have two variations. 1) shoot an enemy with a poison dart and his health will decrease slowly by 50% ofer a corse of 1 min. 2) the health will decrease by 25% over a corce of 30 sec. in both cases one med pack will nullify the poison and restore 10 health. the gun will drain 3/4 of the power bar, and it will look like the other team's pistol. the gun can be toggeled on or off with \special1
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

You must realize that newbies will leave if the team doesn't win much, which then leaves room for smarter players to join, which in turn will be medics/engies/whatever is needed at the time which would be good. And the vet server will be opening (hopefully) soon. (I'll be joining as soon as I get a legal version ... :\ )
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

The medic doesn't need anything new, he is already a very powerful class but newbies dont realise that and newbies don't use him.....veterans know that the medic has a great advantage in that he will almost always win a duel against equally skilled players because well....he has more health and heals constantly. In the end no matter what everyone here says...it all goes back to the fact that most of the banimod players are newbies, which is in no way a bad thing. And cow, i really don't like the poison dart gun idea...lol.

Gyro, some games can be addicting to certain people....eventualy it will end...but then some time later we will just find another game...and that is what makes us gamers. Gamers like to take games seriously, because if you don't then it isn't very interesting. Don't get confused and think that all gamers must be less social, because that isn't true (for me anyways), it is just that certain games may dominate my day every now and then, and when it does I am serious about it. Besides....I bet I have more friends than you do :D
I am Ph0g, you are not.
The Big Bad Cow

how can so many people be noobs when the game is so old? i will admit that there may be some people new to banimod, but not the entire game. i dont think that many people will find the 1.33 patch before not even playing multiplayer.

you will see some meds on swat servers, but thats only because the spawning time is like 45 sec. even so, there is usually about 3 out of 20 people on a team that are meds.
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

seta g_medicChargeTime "15000"
seta g_userAlliedRespawnTime "25"
seta g_userAxisRespawnTime "25"
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Cow, new people discover the game every day, thus every day there are more newbies to replace the former newbies. And that is the concept of newbie.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
The Big Bad Cow

kenny, i wasnt trying to be accurate in the spawn time. i was trying to show that the time is longer than most servers.

if people rediscover the game every day, how come they forget everything? i mean, i would at least remember what to do on beach.
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Ph0g wrote:Besides....I bet I have more friends than you do :D
Who cares?

You obviously have me confused with someone who gives a f__k how many "friends" you have.
Be seeing you!
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

gyro a little hostile rnt we today?
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I usually play on instagib servers, and on those servers I have noticed that the new classes actually improve overall teamwork on the team. It's really damn fun while playing instagib goldrush on Ice as the allies if the axis is cowing. You and maybe two or three others go as spies, and get the cow. When you all go in a group, most of the time, the other team won't notice you're all spies because they just think that if there's that many axis and one was a spy, they would be dead by now. And in the case that one gets shot, there's still more spies left. Games when I've done that had some of the best teamwork I've ever seen.

But when I play normal goldrush, it gets so annoying when people bitch about how "we need more meds!" and they refuse to be on themselves ("because I'm too good!") If there are no meds on my team, I will be a med. It seems like no one understands that meds get points for handing out medpacks and reviving people! I've gotten the highest score in games without killing anyone, just standing in an area with a ton of fighting and reviving everyone I see.

Every time I see people being commanding officers on instagib games, about half of the team tries to be one too, setting waypoints everywhere and it just gets really damn confusing. I also notice whenever some big gold action is happening somewhere, and I'm yelling to get there, no one goes. Maybe the other people who were there with me go, but most people just stay as a pilot and camp somewhere and get 3 kills the whole damn game.

:roll: :shock:
The Big Bad Cow

i take it you agree with me then? :D :D :D :D :D :D

yes! someone else thinks that we need more more people being medics!!!finally!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Gyro you used that last comment I made to sidetrack from the rest of my points which basicaly proved everything you said WRONG. Cow I didn't say REdiscover, i just said discover. As in, new people learn about the game every day.
I am Ph0g, you are not.