ET Pro 3.1.9 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

jarppa

Re: ET Pro 3.1.9 Public Beta Release

Post by jarppa »

bani wrote:A public beta test of ET Pro 3.1.9 is now released. 8)

Download and full information available here

Bug / cheat fixes:
lag on connect / map_restart fixed
linux prelinking crashes fixed
callvote surrender hud menus fixed
say: was missing from console logs
I still have that lag on connect / map_restart.
My server has trustix linux. This same problem occures also with epro 3.1.0
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Steven: go type /name ^1E^7xample in your console and hit enter, then press up arrow so you've got that line in your console again, and press the home key to move to the start of the line. The cursor disappears off the side of your screen and you have nfi where you're editing. Thanks for the explanation on it guys.

The . at the end of complaints is in the wrong colour too.

Something else I've noticed is, I have a bind that says ^_^ in global chat. The problem is the last character, the ^, doesn't count as a real character in the console, so there's no newline after it, and your log file winds up a bit screwed because of it. I don't think it has any real implication, just figured I'd mention it.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Yamabushi

Problems from the side?

Post by Yamabushi »

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the hitboxes when side-raging someone? To be more precise, when at 90 plus/minus degrees to the target and maybe what would be 30-60' away, I have on more than one occasion fully unloaded on a stationary target and not registered any hits. Keep in mind this is while I'm crouched, what I'm saying is there is no way that I could have missed. [NW] Oral_B, clan-mate of ReyalP has also noticed the same thing. I usually play on Terminal Insanity MBox if that's relevant.

If this is indeed an issue, then hopefully it can be addressed. Either way, thank you for all the hard work that's gone into ETPro!
Cheers,
Yamabushi
Tokyo, Japan
ReyalP

Re: Problems from the side?

Post by ReyalP »

Yamabushi wrote:Has anyone else experienced a problem with the hitboxes when side-raging someone? To be more precise, when at 90 plus/minus degrees to the target and maybe what would be 30-60' away, I have on more than one occasion fully unloaded on a stationary target and not registered any hits. Keep in mind this is while I'm crouched, what I'm saying is there is no way that I could have missed. [NW] Oral_B, clan-mate of ReyalP has also noticed the same thing. I usually play on Terminal Insanity MBox if that's relevant.

If this is indeed an issue, then hopefully it can be addressed. Either way, thank you for all the hard work that's gone into ETPro!
Demo would be good.
value of b_realhead on the server would be good. (/pb_cvarval b_realhead) I don't recall offhand what timb uses.

I've noticed not hitting, but haven't especially associated it with side-rage.

I have also noticed that on maps with really poor FPS (which TIMB seems to love :/) of hit detection gets pretty flakey.
send lawyers, guns and money
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

I seem to recall hearing that hitboxes didn't actually rotate, but were locked on the axises of the map, don't know if that's true but it could possibly account for the problem.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

iirc, they follow the player model... i'll try to do some checking later
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Yamabushi

Post by Yamabushi »

Thanks for the quick response. Although I always record demo's, I wasn't thinking and did my normal daily delete. If and when it happens again, I'll be sure to save the demo. As for FPS, on my machine framerates almost never drop below 125, with the exception of one POS map that I can think of. So that may not be an issue for me, unless it's something server side that's affected?

BTW, I'm very happy with 3.1.9 whether this rare occurence is related to it or not. And... I'll try to "catch" the misses on "film" if it happens again.
Cheers,
Yamabushi
Tokyo, Japan
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

gotenks wrote:iirc, they follow the player model... i'll try to do some checking later
Player bounding boxes never rotate. They are aligned to the axis of the map. However, except for a few odd cases (like jumping, swimming and prone), they normally enclose the model.
send lawyers, guns and money
DG

Post by DG »

^ is that why sometimes the hit area seems 'wider' than at other times? like body shots you think you will miss actually hit, and other times you miss when you thought it would probably hit?

I always put that up to the fucked up lag and prediction or whatever I seem to get on the 75-250 ping isdn and jumpy fps, even against stationary targets.
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

It would account for that, yes. If you approach someone from southwest their width would be larder than if you approached directly from the south. You could prove that with a whole bunch of Pythagoras stuff and triangle drawing that I can't be bothered to do before breakfast.
SteelRat

Post by SteelRat »

I keep getting this console message after updating my server to 3.1.9 and I have no clue on how to solve it.

First I used +fs_game etpro on my client and then it did not download the 3.1.9 pk3 from the server at all.
Then I launched ET without +fs_game on the client.
It downloaded the PK3 but was still using 3.1.0 (I think)
Then I removed the 3.1.0 pk3 and I still get the message above.
Any clues on why this is happening?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

wel the messages telll u your clint runs an old version of etpro wich u already knew :D

its probely the .dll or .so files open the etpro3_1_9.pk3 (whit some zip program) thne extrackt the all .dll or .so files (.dll for wi .so for linux)
SteelRat

Post by SteelRat »

Well, I totally cleaned up the etpro folder on my client and extracted the DLL's and other files in the \etpro folder and I still have this problem.
I think I will wait for 3.2.0...
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

hmm weird :roll:
AToM

Post by AToM »

Same problem:

#########################################################
WARNING: Server compatibility level (10) is newer than client knows how to handle (9)

-------- UNRECOVERABLE ERROR --------
This may be due to a bug in etpro
Information to be used in a bug report is being generated:
------------- CUT HERE --------------
Version: etpro
Reason: [MSG_ReadShort: illegible message]
debugBuffer [BQQAZPu9ChEBixEDhwwG5fqzCRYA]
------------- CUT HERE --------------
ERROR: etpro error - see console
#########################################################

Another error-msg:
ERROR: etpro_ParseTeamInfo: bits == 0