ET Pro 3.1.9 Public Beta Release

Official ET Pro announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

touchngo wrote:In first step I'm going to update the cheat database but I saw in a message of bani that it is not enough inorder to detect all cheats but the new version will be detecting the remaining cheats.

My question is, is it convenient to upgrade beta 3.1.9 in the means of server stability or should I wait for v3.2.0? What do you say, do you think it is beneficial?
yes, of course it's beneficial, correct cheats will be detected, hitboxes are fixed, and 3.1.9 server stability doesn't seem to be much of a problem (which i wouldn't say about any osp servers atm, 1 simple command freezes the entire server)
Till DEATH do us Part
[MoB]Seany

Post by [MoB]Seany »

Only problem i have with 3.1.9 is the broken auto screenshot function...other than that, I think its better 8)
[MoB]

NetNut: "I never cheat on a FPS game, but i will use my aimbot for Minesweeper or Solitare."
Serge

Hitboxes

Post by Serge »

Hello.

I really enjoy the improvements made on hitboxes in etpro 3.1.9 and I would
like to thank all the etpro dev team and the one who did think of it in
particular.

I have a question about hit detections:

Could it be possible to use oriented bounding boxes / capsules on players
models althought I am not sure that model skeleton datas/animations temp matrices are availables from within the mod code (capsules would only require a few dotproducts compared to the number required on
oriented bboxes if using the separating axis method - we dont need to
know the impact(s) pt(s)). In that case, it could be possible to enclose
more precisely the player model and reflect its posture using a capsule per
bone pair. Thinking of it, usual AABboxes would still be necessary for
explosion hits tests.

If it's possible, does the etpro dev team plan to implement something like this in futur versions ?
zinx

Post by zinx »

While that, and more, is possible, it would greatly change the gameplay and weapon accuracy would need re-adjusted to compensate -- This is not the kind of change we plan on making in ET Pro (at least, not any time soon)
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

b_endRound doesn't seem to work. I know others have randomly mentioned, figured I would too. It's not mentioned on the known bugs list.

Code: Select all

^3>>> Stats recorded to: ^7stats/2005.02.16/212943.txt
[skipnotify]>>> ^3Clock set to: 6:28
vstr <variablename> &#58; execute a variable command
&#93;/cvarlist *end*
    A   b_endRound "stoprecord; statsall"
843 total cvars
843 cvar indexes
I get the vstr explanation whenever endround is meant to execute, the contents of which are never actioned.
Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul.
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

Could someone tell me what 3.1.9x is? different load up screen is the only difference i noticed. hope its not a skin? stupid question aint worth starting a new thread.
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

read thru the forums and u will find out
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

[AE]Etnies wrote:Could someone tell me what 3.1.9x is? different load up screen is the only difference i noticed. hope its not a skin? stupid question aint worth starting a new thread.
List of changes is linked from first post in this thread, but unfortunately that server seems to be down right now. :(
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Can we have some resolution to the

Warning: Server compatability level (10) is newer than client knows how to handle (9)

problem that people are experiencing? One thread seemed to suggest it was a result of sv_pure 0. I installed 3.1.9 on our server twice, and I extracted all the .dll files from the etpro-3_1_9.pk3 file into my fs_homepath/etpro directory as Bani suggested as a solution to someone's demo problems of this nature, but it did nothing. Our server has sv_pure 0, but setting it to 1 means everyone who tries to connect is kicked for having invalid files referenced. However, I've noticed many pubs have sv_pure 1 and people don't get kicked despite having a plethora of other files referenced - can anyone explain why this is?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you can't change sv_pure on the fly. you need to start the server with sv_pure 1 on the commandline. if you change it from 0 to 1 while the server is running, you'll get problems like that.

rain says you can fix a change of sv_pure 0 to 1 by loading a new map, but i think he's d&l 8)
EagleReloaded

Post by EagleReloaded »

Gracias bani, all is well again, albeit I'm being warned that multiple client .pk3's are installed on the server, would that be the ETPro shaders available for some maps?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

it means you have two or more different versions of the etpro pk3 on the server. you need to get rid of one of all but one of them.

you can see the list of pk3s by doing

cvarlist sv_referencedPakNames

in the console. there should be only one etpro listed, you likely have two or more.
gjrc

Post by gjrc »

hi any news on when the new etpro final version is released?
Deus

Post by Deus »

gjrc wrote:hi any news on when the new etpro final version is released?
unfortunately not
gjrc

Post by gjrc »

[pH*Deus] wrote:
gjrc wrote:hi any news on when the new etpro final version is released?
unfortunately not

ok thanks - still waiting to update my server.

will do so when it gets its final release

:)