problems with anticheat

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

What is the format of a cheat entry in the cheaters-log ? Is the GUID in there ? We'd need that for our cheater DB i.e.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

[KuB]FraGiLe wrote:What is the format of a cheat entry in the cheaters-log ? Is the GUID in there ? We'd need that for our cheater DB i.e.
no it doesnt got player guides it got indentyfication nummer for cheats not for players
-7- Slappy

Post by -7- Slappy »

I'm with FraGiLe, is there going to be a tool for admins to read what's in their cheat logs, or if we can't decipher a global log such as is posted here, should we just stick to the one generated on our own servers?
[KuB]FraGiLe

Post by [KuB]FraGiLe »

I'm getting quite a few cheater entries from our public server, is there going to be any indepth information about the cheatlog-format or a logparser or sth like that ? Would be very nice to get some more info for us public ET Pro admins out here :D...

Thx Bani as always...
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

Running ET in compatibility mode on windows (w2k, xp, etc) can cause strange looking /cheaters status output. Harmless, you can advise those players to discontinue playing in compatibility mode so they appear "clean" in the /cheaters listing
what does that mean ? What compatibility mode ? How to stop playing in compatibility mode ?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

kingbolt wrote:
Running ET in compatibility mode on windows (w2k, xp, etc) can cause strange looking /cheaters status output. Harmless, you can advise those players to discontinue playing in compatibility mode so they appear "clean" in the /cheaters listing
what does that mean ? What compatibility mode ? How to stop playing in compatibility mode ?
Read

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=3275

The thing is that their maybe some programs that give false positives. Look through the list and see if you match any listed.
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

I had one of those progs mentioned in VERY short list.

I had atitool...not anymore...but what is COMPATIBILITY MODE ? Is compatibility mode = using atitool ? If that's so I thank you greatly..

Strange thing is that I was kicked when I got text [CLEAN WIN32...] or something like that...I was told that I was cheating...

so basically I'm asking : is it so that player has to test WHAT programs can or can not be on when going to play on ET-PRO 3.0.1 server...
Ikkyo

Post by Ikkyo »

This is compatibility mode:

Using Windows XP Compatibility Mode

It's the same for Windows 2000.

This doesn't actually cause a false positive as a cheat, but it does report [??? win32] instead of [clean win32]. If you want to be reported as clean, you are encouraged not to run et in compatibility mode.
The guy who gets no credit
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

theres no real reason to run in compat mode anyway, which makes me wonder why people do.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

bani wrote:theres no real reason to run in compat mode anyway, which makes me wonder why people do.
Some people reported that running in compat mode made the nvidia/pb crashbug go away. *shrug*
send lawyers, guns and money
kingbolt

Post by kingbolt »

Ikkyo wrote:This is compatibility mode:

Using Windows XP Compatibility Mode

It's the same for Windows 2000.

This doesn't actually cause a false positive as a cheat, but it does report [??? win32] instead of [clean win32]. If you want to be reported as clean, you are encouraged not to run et in compatibility mode.
ahhh...ok...well, never used that mode :).
theres no real reason to run in compat mode anyway, which makes me wonder why people do.
exactly, I didn't even remeber :oops: there was such mode cos haven't had any need for it...
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Viruses can cause false positives. The relatively new DR/XIPOD.1 virus is known to do this.
uber-noob

Post by uber-noob »

bani wrote:Viruses can cause false positives. The relatively new DR/XIPOD.1 virus is known to do this.
Hehe, anticheat is becoming antivir then ;).
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

%@#$*#$% (deleted initial flame text)

Just want to inform you that I'm on Linux and 3.0.1 claims that I'm cheating... I'm using just a standard X with the proprietary NVidia drivers and don't think that any of my running processes do anything that a cheat would likely do. So this is seriously... bad.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Spark2 wrote:%@#$*#$% (deleted initial flame text)

Just want to inform you that I'm on Linux and 3.0.1 claims that I'm cheating... I'm using just a standard X with the proprietary NVidia drivers and don't think that any of my running processes do anything that a cheat would likely do. So this is seriously... bad.
what kernel/distro/glibc?