RTCW Timelimit issues

Discussion for Admins of Banimod servers.<br>
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Hawke

RTCW Timelimit issues

Post by Hawke »

Is it still ok to ask rtcw questions?

Im having trouble with this timelimit stuff. Ive found a few threads on it but they are quite old.

Commands in question:
timelimit
g_usertimelimit

Both seem to "do" or "not do" the same thing.

The Issue: I have one game on our server Im trying out where there is no objective written into the map. Therefore Im making Max Lives on this map and cfg to give it a winner. Well The map sets a default time of 7 minutes. I want to make it longer time so max lives will end the game and not the timelimit. I can rcon change the time and it works. However when the server is voted or changed to another game in the games menu the cfg for that game will not change the timelimit back. Its too long for some games.

Ive tried "timelimit" and "g_usertimelimit" in the cfgs. They wont override the last timelimit set bt rcon. Somehow My Game 1 (default cfg) will get set to 10 min from one of the other games being voted in. It then sticks and makes the default game 10 min instead of 8 like beach default is. So some maps scripting will override and some maps scripting will not. I just cant figure out the rules on these two commands. Which is boss and where?

I have one map(ogg_snipers) with max lives where the clock runs down but will not end the game so the timelimit was not an issue. It just goes to 0:00 and stays until the max lives ends the game. This new map(xs_sniperflats) will end the game when the time runs down. I suspect it is in the map scripting which I have never done any editing in.

This timelimit issue seems to be something that effects many servers. Can someone explain how they have managed their server with the timelimit issue?

On one cfg I added a "exec shuffle.cfg" and made a shuffle cfg that shuffles on every 4th round and start of new stopwatch. This works well and I thought I might add a timelimit cmd there. I did work but when the map starts it will go to the default 7 mimute time the map script has.

FYI: the shuffle cfg(this is handy if any would like to use it)
// Shuffle Teams cfg

set m1 "map_restart; shuffle_teams; set nextmap vstr m2; wait; say ^8Stopwatch Round 1 of 4^1Teams Shuffled"

set m2 "map_restart; set nextmap vstr m3; wait; say ^8Stopwatch Round 2 of 4"

set m3 "map_restart; set nextmap vstr m4; wait; say ^8Stopwatch Round 3 of 4"

set m4 "map_restart; set nextmap vstr m1; wait; say ^8Stopwatch Round 4 of 4 ^1Shuffle of Teams ^4Next Round"

vstr m1

Please put the =[DDT]= Servers in your favs
IP:67.18.222.118:27960 <-Bani-World
The =[DDT]= Dangerous Dudes on Tour Homepage
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

wow confusing

well the ffclan used to have 30 minuntes maps :/ we did it all by mao scripting and chancging the wm_timelimit

i can explain why ogg_sniper wont end when time is up its also mpa sciprting

Code: Select all

game_manager
&#123;
	spawn
	&#123;
		// Set scenario information
		wm_mapdescription		"An unlikely yet choice location for snipers to duel it out. GL and HF!"
		wm_allied_respawntime		5
		wm_axis_respawntime			5
		wm_set_round_timelimit		10

wm_number_of_objectives		1

wm_set_objective_status		1	-1
		wm_objective_allied_desc	1	"^1Primary Objective&#58;**Kill some Nazis.""
		wm_objective_axis_desc		1	"^4Primary Objective&#58;**Kill some Allies."
		wm_overview_image			"gfx/2d/mp_objectives/ogg_snipers-4.jpg"
		wm_objective_image			1	"gfx/2d/mp_objectives/ogg_snipers-4.jpg"

wm_objective_short_axis_desc	1	"Kill some Allies."
		wm_objective_short_allied_desc	1	"Kill some Nazis."

// Set Defending Team for SW Mode

wm_set_defending_team	1

// If the round timer expires, the Allied have won, so set the current winning team
		// Set the round winner&#58;  0 == AXIS, 1 == ALLIED
		wm_setwinner -1

&#125;
&#125;
it all about the last line

Code: Select all

// If the round timer expires, the Allied have won, so set the current winning team
		// Set the round winner&#58;  0 == AXIS, 1 == ALLIED
		wm_setwinner -1
as it says 0 to make axis win whne timer ends and 1 to make allied win whne timer end but it doesnt say that -1 will make no team win and just contine until an objective trigger an wm_endround