=[DDT]=Bani-World -->56k friendly

Discussion about specific Banimod servers ...<br>
Players may post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Hawke

=[DDT]=Bani-World -->56k friendly

Post by Hawke »

Well, weve been up a while as BaniMod now, Using banimod has made our server more active for sure. Super Job Bani!!

Weve been offering something different.
A "Stunning Sten"Image set to a higher power for the 56k player. We ask that the Sten be restricted to the 56k player, but still Broadband is welcome to come and frag the slower connection guys. :lol:

We do like to provide a "friendly gameplay" for noobs as well as skilled players. We do kick and ban for rudeness, so you'll enjoy your stay if you can handle the 95 health zap for certain words.

=[DDT]=Dangerous Dudes on Tour
Last edited by Hawke on Mon May 31, 2004 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please put the =[DDT]= Servers in your favs
IP:67.18.222.118:27960 <-Bani-World
The =[DDT]= Dangerous Dudes on Tour Homepage
Old Buzzard

Post by Old Buzzard »

It is indeed a fun server.
Why am I here? Oh yeah, where's the bathroom!

http://agingm.proboards34.com/index.cgi
alex247

Post by alex247 »

Yup! I have played there a few times and enjoyed it. I will be sure to stop in again.
-Prospector-

Post by -Prospector- »

Sounds fun to me. I might join in that server.
System Specs: Prospector's Place, 512MB of RAM PC3200 512MB Corsair, Albatron GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB AGP 8x, Intel Pentium 4 2.4B Ghz 2.66B Ghz 533Mhz FSB, ATA133 40GB Maxtor 7200 RPM, Jetway 865GDMP 800FSB
The Ass Goblin

Post by The Ass Goblin »

hey hawke! you kinda dropped of the face of the =AFA= planet, i got your DDT server aded to favorites, stopped by once but there werent any DDT people i remembered so i only stayed one round, but it was fun nonetheless!
Razor Fett

Post by Razor Fett »

yeah ive been playing at the that server some times
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Yea Goblin, I really miss you guys over at =AFA=. Last few times ive been there my lag is kinda rough. When you have 56k and there are over 10 or 12 players things get real jerky. My computer is only a 500mhz cpu with a small 8mb graphic card.

Our server plays better than any other for me and Im busy with =[DDT]= alot too. We have over 20 members now. I guess I get wrapped up in all that too much. I did try to go to =AFA= last week. 20 players :/

I miss you and Duke alot.

btw ...tell duke to come look at this->>>>Image
hahahaha

And thanks to all you guys/gals for putting our server in your favorites!!

Most of all this Bani dude... never met ya but.....You Da Man!!
Hawke->Image---Image<-Bani
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

i feel your pain on the low-spec computer, i played on a 700mhz ibook with a 16mb radeon mobility.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

duke'ku wrote:i feel your pain on the low-spec computer, i played on a 700mhz ibook with a 16mb radeon mobility.
until last aug, i played on a 667 celeron with 1-11MB shared video :shock:
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Hawke

Our Server is double loading maps...why

Post by Hawke »

Ive got an issue of double loading of maps on our server now. I cant seem to figure out why.

I thought the empty script cmd was the problem. I have several cfgs that admin can exec in. Each one will go back to the default BaniWorld cfg when it empties using the
seta g_emptyscript "thedeafultcfghere"

I put in a seta g_emptyscript "" to check this concern. I never deleted the wolfconfig_mp from the server but that should have been overwritten when I restarted I think. The server still double loads or gives an error message of illeagal something or other. Or you get a cant find "map".bsp when it should be looking for a "map".pk3

Any ideas?
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

When you load a map, you load the bsp file. It just happens to be inside of a pk3 file. For example, you put the name of the maps bsp file in a map rotation, not the name of the pk3 file. So if it can't find the bsp file, then either it is not on the server or you have too many maps on the server.

I delete the wolfconfig_mp.cfg file when I restart. The only real reason I do this is because I may have changed something on the server and forgot to change it back but never put that cvar in the config. Therefore, if I restart the server without deleting the wolfconfig_mp.cfg file, it will not overwrite what I had changed. At least that has been my experience. I try to include everything I will ever want to change in the configs, especially the emptyscript config.
GRAVEYARD

Post by GRAVEYARD »

I ran emptyscript for a bit but if your server gets any kind of a connection interupt it would just load the default map in the middle of a game...so no more emptyscript for me... :? As for your double map loading...I'm not sure what you mean....? It loads map..then reloads map???
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Yes Graveyard

Go check it out. Callvote enabled most of the time.

www.ddtclan.com

We dont have that many maps on the server, but I do understand about leaving a previous cmd in there. it cant hurt to delete the old wolfconfig. I'll give it a whirl tommorrow.
Thx for the help gang!
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

FYI:
Problem solved.

It was brought on by having too many maps loaded on the server it seems. Out Host researched the problem some and found that issuse on many servers. The problem seemed to be linked to several pk3 files on the server. I removed a few maps and the problem disappeared. One I removed was Market Garden which is very large so I think large pk3 files might be an issue as well if ypoualreadt have a few maps loaded on the server. I didnt count but would guess I only removed 5 maps. It could have been that I got the the problem when it was at the "edge" of where the glitch starts. I had 36 pk3 files before I did the deletions.
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

If I remember right, you can't have more then 100MB of maps/pk3's on your server.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.