Engineer rifle.

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Engineers with scaled down mauser.

Good idea!
35%
Bad idea.
65%

Total votes: 17

PsychoSnowMan

Engineer rifle.

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

Could we have engineers with a scaled down mauser? it would be less powerful and couldnt zoom as far (is that possible?) but would be better at long range.
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

engineer has a pistol, learn how to aim at long range =)

engineer with mauser seems a little much, they are already advantaged by 8 grenades
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

ZarkingFardwarks wrote:engineer has a pistol, learn how to aim at long range =)
crouch is better, learn how to aim at long range =)
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

Dont get me wrong i can wack that guy at the mg42 in the upper bunker with my colt or a smg
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

I voted yes, because i like mausers. I have become really good with them, even on non-banimod
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Im sure all explosives experts also spent years training with sniper rifles!
I am Ph0g, you are not.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I would rather have an SMG to blast away enemies close up than to snipe them.
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

I'm not saying a sniper rifle i was using the mauser as an example because it is a rifle and it owuld be the logical model. The eng rifle would be more accurate when running than a smg or a pistol (you wouldn't have to crouch to hit long distance)and it would be a bit weaker and only a weak scope if any scope at all.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

I think engineers should have the option of having an unscoped mauser, like the one used in instagib [though it shouldn't gib with one hit]. that'd be a better option than having to use a SMG each time. because it would be nice to be able to guard your dyno with it or something. people are easy to pick off when they're defusing dynamite.

however, I think it would be better to let Medics have a sniper rifle. the nature of the medic, as a support class, would benifit from the use of the sniper rifle. it would be useful strategically, because a lot of medics just charge into the heat of battle like Soldiers, and get their asses killed, which doesnt do anyone any good when they need a revive. A sniper rifle would encourage them [especially noobs] to stay back, and only advance to the front when needed. Unless you're really good. then you can fight up front with all the other classes. like me. :D

but if you do end up giving medics a mauser, for the love of God, let us have more than one clip. maybe 10/10. and still keep the SMG option open, because, lets face it: the sniper rifle plain sucks balls on some maps; especially ones where close combat is the focus.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

I think this post should be deleted because it is a horrible idea.....but hey thats just what I think :lol:
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

ph0g, no one was asking your opinion... but i entierly agree. I also think medics with stens is a bad idea. Just because you are noobish, doesnt mean you have to change the game in your favor.
yag si yennek
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Hey knifey, this is a feature request board dumb ***, lol....thats exactly what we do, share our opinion.

I think medic with sten is cool, and there is nothing weird about it in reality....in the normal game they only limit enigneers/medics weapon selection to balance the classes.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

aargh! Who said anything about medics with Stens! I was talking about the mauser! Besides.. Stens for medics is another post. now Shoo! Shoo I tell you!
PsychoSnowMan

Post by PsychoSnowMan »

There really more people with automatic rifles than with smgs (I think?)
GanjMahal

Post by GanjMahal »

LOL.. how bout we give Engineers the Venom :D ! now that would be bitchin!